No Sit Saturday?

Mavric

You'll never get everyone in a stadium of 90,000 to stand for the whole game.

However, Nebraska fans underestimate the actual hostile capabilities of Memorial. Even against the likes of Fresno, you see the endzone zoom-out shots on TV in critical situations and you'll see the majority of people getting to their feet. A majority of people will likely be standing a majority of the time that it is prudent to do so on Saturday, and the stadium is gonna be loud.

I say the grayhairs deserve to catch grief for not standing and shouting the whole game through! Back in the 70s and 80s our current grayhairs were the young turks who never sat down, and screamed their heads off for the whole game. And I'll bet they even complained about the oldsters back then who weren't rowdy enough at the games.

We've come full circle. :lol:

/sarcasm

• Fire 1

I never really understand this. Is there a difference between the amount of noise a fan can make sitting vs. standing?

I'm tall and healthy so there are no adverse effects to me. But there are many long time ticket holders who have trouble standing who have contributed far more to the program (money, support, etc) than any 20 something who is standing on his/her seat.

I say the grayhairs deserve to catch grief for not standing and shouting the whole game through! Back in the 70s and 80s our current grayhairs were the young turks who never sat down, and screamed their heads off for the whole game. And I'll bet they even complained about the oldsters back then who weren't rowdy enough at the games.

We've come full circle. :lol:

/sarcasm

thats not a circle nuance. it's called the calender.

• Fire 1

Once the blue hairs figure out how to sign in and use Twitter they are going to freak the F out!

They know all about it.

Back in the day pounding out short, cryptic messages one letter at a time was called the "telegraph". We sh!t canned it about a hundred years ago when we found out communicating live by voice and in real time was infinitely superior. In another ten years, you guys will figure out the same thing.

I bet your generation believes it invented putting a shot of each flavor of pop into a cup as well and calling it "suicide", doesn't it? :P

my right knee is all tore up right now...guess i am not welcome at memorial this weekend

Haha, I go with my Dad to the games, he's got 2 plastic knees and a plastic hip. 100% disabled from his military service. Good luck getting him to stand for anything more than the National Anthem. But he'll be there in red Saturday, sitting like an old curmudgeon.

It's game time. Rub some dirt on it and let's go!