Prime for a letdown?

I really don't think they will let NW ruin what may be a very special season. Call me stupid, but all the emotion that we seen on the field and sidelines during the Foltz tribute. No way they let an inferior team beat them this year. They all live and breath S27F!!! We will be in Indy this year with a rematch against OSU!! I believe it in my bones and so do the Boys of Fall!!! There is a magic feeling around this season, not saying they will be the National Champions, but there wont be an let downs. GBR!!!

I could see Lee Corso picking Northwestern cause Nebraska is playing on grass

haha, I kept thinking about that Florida Fiesta bowl title game too when I heard about the grass. haha Nebraska can not play on grass, not going to fair well against the Fun and Gun. :funnyhahah

My biggest fear right now is that next week we'll have a letdown. I've seen it so many times, teams coming off of big-time, emotional wins, losing the following week to a lesser opponent. Let's hope that the team can stay focused and hungry and overwhelm the Wildcats next weekend. GBR!!

I'm encouraged by quotes from the coaches and players after the Oregon win. They were excited and proud, but they also spoke about how it all wouldn't matter if they went out and lost the next game. A loss to Northwestern unravels the accomplishments of beating Oregon.

I think, dating back to the Michigan St. game last year, this program has begun to show incredible resilience. They don't let the bad plays overwhelm them. They seem mentally tougher than just about any Nebraska team over the last several years.

Last time we played Northwestern on the road in all white uniforms we came a way with an impressive W. I think we started playing really well in the 2nd half if I remember correctly, anyway only thing that can hurt us is focus. If Tommy plays well like he did these first few games we should be fine. Also the NW defense will be trying to strip that ball away, so Tre Bryant needs to hang on to the ball if he gets an early carry. No turnovers and we win this game by a solid 2 tds plus, we need a QB spy on Thorson to punish him the moment he takes off-either Newby or Rose-Ivey or Young doesn't matter who just need to hit him right away so he doesn't gash us again.

My biggest fear right now is that next week we'll have a letdown. I've seen it so many times, teams coming off of big-time, emotional wins, losing the following week to a lesser opponent. Let's hope that the team can stay focused and hungry and overwhelm the Wildcats next weekend. GBR!!

I'm encouraged by quotes from the coaches and players after the Oregon win. They were excited and proud, but they also spoke about how it all wouldn't matter if they went out and lost the next game. A loss to Northwestern unravels the accomplishments of beating Oregon.

I think, dating back to the Michigan St. game last year, this program has begun to show incredible resilience. They don't let the bad plays overwhelm them. They seem mentally tougher than just about any Nebraska team over the last several years.

I feel very confident that we will take care of business this year, I think that we will win by at least 2-3 touchdowns. I feel really good about our offense now that we have some sort of identity, I think that we will wear them down with Ozigbo and the offensive line. I do not see Northwestern scoring more than 17 points on us, I think that Northwestern is going to play like they are stuck in the mud, I do not see them having any explosive plays, I see this being a 35-14, 35-17 Nebraska win. This team will remember last year and they will not let up, they will be eager to seek vengeance for last year and get after this team.

i don't put a lot of faith in Johnnys predictions. remember this from the fresno state discussion thread? post #817. wish i knew how to quote it to this thread

"As for "entitlement," we'll see how you are feeling after we lose to Oregon and NW back-to-back. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread so that we can revisit then."

In this case, I have absolutely zero problem with my predictions being wrong.

However, there are some people out there who have expressed similar concern

[LINK]http://huskerdoctalk.podbean.com/e/2016-episode-9-the-trap-gamenorthwestern/[/LINK]

This is the problem with the "doom-and-gloom" crowd. They are "happy" to be wrong (which means the Huskers are doing well) but will never miss an opportunity to say the sky is falling. #Half-HeartedFans

• Fire 2

I would be surprised if Huskers dont blow them out this year. Watching both teams it just doesn't seem like a good match up for them.

My heart agrees with you, but my mind is telling me to hang on a second.

It's just the flashbacks :) If Huskers loose to Northwestern again I will be fairly convinced there is some sort of a hex and that dark magic is afoot.

While it is true that this is the type of games NU has dropped ever since Crouch graduated, I think the difference here is that the main issue wiht last year was that there were players that were fiercely loyal to Bo and his staff and wanted nothing to do with the current staff. That created a division in the locker room that isn't there this year. They seem to all be on the same page with the same goal as a team. So while it does wreak of a let down game especially with how close our game are historiclaly against NW, I think this team is different just because as it was stated earlier in the thread that most of these teams beat us last year and these guys want revenge. Indiana is the one that scares me the most out of the next four games due to their offense and it being in their house.

OK...Now I'm starting to feel better about our situation.....and....maybe now realize what the problem has been all along.

At some point in time shortly before 2004, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pit started an affair. It became public in 2005 when Jennifer Anniston filed for divorce. We have basically struggled this entire time of this relationship.

NOW....Angelina and Brad have filed for divorce. This is a sign that wrongs of the past are all starting to get righted.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

RESTORE THE ORDER!!!!!!

• Fire 5