In Nebraska's last 6 games...

Saunders

Probably the stretch from 2009 to 2010 when NU went 15-2, with dominating wins over a 7th ranked team and a top 25 team, two other wins over top 25 teams and a close loss to a 3rd ranked team.

I think the UCLA and Oregon wins sound good based on name prestige, but neither of those teams were very good when we played them (sort of like Miami in 2014).

Personally, I don't think the term "turning a program" in a corner is very meaningful. Things change too much from year to year to have a statement implying that "we've arrived" make any sense. I thought the same thing back in 2009 when Bo made the declaration after the Arizona win.

Probably the stretch from 2009 to 2010 when NU went 15-2, with dominating wins over a 7th ranked team and a top 25 team, two other wins over top 25 teams and a close loss to a 3rd ranked team.

I think the UCLA and Oregon wins sound good based on name prestige, but neither of those teams were very good when we played them (sort of like Miami in 2014).

Personally, I don't think the term "turning a program" in a corner is very meaningful. Things change too much from year to year to have a statement implying that "we've arrived" make any sense. I thought the same thing back in 2009 when Bo made the declaration after the Arizona win.

They are actually both quite good.

nodding.gif

You think this Oregon team isn't very good?

You've got to be kidding.

The only Oregon fan that regularly appears on this board thinks they are headed for a 3-9 season (I think Oregon is very good though).

Over last year and the beginning of this year, UCLA and Oregon have a combined win loss record of 21-11. We account for two of those losses.

I'll take that as they were good teams.

Over last year and the beginning of this year, UCLA and Oregon have a combined win loss record of 21-11. We account for two of those losses.

I'll take that as they were good teams.

Yeah, I don't think we should be poo-pooing the wins over UCLA and Oregon. Those were good wins.

nodding.gif

You think this Oregon team isn't very good?

You've got to be kidding.

The only Oregon fan that regularly appears on this board thinks they are headed for a 3-9 season (I think Oregon is very good though).

He's said they could go as low as 2-10 but then he also said he doesn't believe they will do that poorly.

UCLA had some injuries to the DL which we took full advantage of. We don't know if Oregon is good or not yet. They have a lot of talent on offense and an incredibly young defense. They didnt have their best LB or best DE and we hurt Rolls Royce early in the 1st. Injuries are a part of the game though. You have to like the way we are trending but we dont know how big this win is in terms of quality of football being played, but you can definitely say this is a good win for our program and could launch us back to national relevance.

You don't even have to look at the "quality" of wins to notice there is something changing for the positive within this program. This team looks pretty darn good, and the future looks bright seeing the incoming recruiting class. Not to mention our young players are talented.

The players are having fun and winning games. The win vs Oregon was huge because these were the type of games we lost over and over and over again for the past decade. I couldn't be more optimistic about this team for the rest of the year and this program going forward.