Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

I think among many horrible blunders tonight from Trump, I think he made a horrible mistake calling Hillary Clinton "a nasty woman." On top of calling all the women who are alleging he made unwanted sexual advances were liars and either seeking fame or bought and paid for by her campaign, he just spat in her face because she got under his alarmingly thin skin. We're about to see how low his numbers with women can go.

Also, he tried to cover for Trump foundation by saying A) He contributes (he doesn't), B) none of it's charity funds go to him (they do), and C) he's given plenty to vets and charities (we don't know).

Fahrenthold ought to have a field day with that little tidbit tomorrow.

• Fire 4

Lol...and Bill Maher ignores the fact that 70% of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track.

Source?

Just one of many polls showing wrong track in the 60s up over 70% in Obama's tenure including this past year.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_wrong_track_oct17

And here is the average. AP just had a 70% wrong track showing in September.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

Well then I guess I'm not sure which poll to believe.

55% approve of Obama, while 70% think the country is headed in the wrong direction.

In the Rasmussen Reports link, it doesn't specifically state that Obama is the reason we are headed in the wrong direction. I realize it's probably implied, but I felt it necessary to point that out.

...unless I just missed that somewhere on the first link.

• Fire 1

55% approve of Obama, while 70% think the country is headed in the wrong direction.

In the Rasmussen Reports link, it doesn't specifically state that Obama is the reason we are headed in the wrong direction. I realize it's probably implied, but I felt it necessary to point that out.

Without a clear question showing the "wrong direction" answer is directed at Obama, I'd say that's more likely to be directed at Congress, or the recent racial tension, or the economy, or any one of 100 other things.

Obama's numbers, specifically about him, have been up over the past year.

• Fire 4

^^^

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 33% of who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 36% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -3 (see trends).

This ties the president’s best approval rating in three-and-a-half years, first reached in mid-August

LINK

Lol...and Bill Maher ignores the fact that 70% of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track.

Source?

Just one of many polls showing wrong track in the 60s up over 70% in Obama's tenure including this past year.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_wrong_track_oct17

And here is the average. AP just had a 70% wrong track showing in September.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

Well George Bush would have 55% approval right now after you see HIllary and Trump. They both have such high negatives that it elevates others who are not them. When we paid ransom to Iran and the news broke in July and Obama had some negative headlines, his approval rating fell to the mid-40s.

Thankful I didn't have time to watch this one. It was amusing to come in here and read all of bnilhome's reactions juxtaposed against literally everybody else's.
We're here for you, b.

I thought this one was actually worth watching. It was the best performance by both of them.

Yeah, I don't mean to say it was worthless for those who did watch -- personally, I'm just suffering from a little bit of election exhaustion. I didn't mean to watch the last one, either, but I got sucked into it a bit. I think all of them have added valuable context and insight into the national debate. Still, it's been nice to take a little breather.