Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

Well that settles it, I guess...

What's weird is that the live shot of him with the focus group asking questions there were 3 people who either were neutral and went to HC or for Trump and flipped, and only one that went toward Trump. Big talking point for the group was the "I may not concede" comment, it seemed to be the nail in the coffin for a couple folks.

Lol...and Bill Maher ignores the fact that 70% of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track.

Source?

Just one of many polls showing wrong track in the 60s up over 70% in Obama's tenure including this past year.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_wrong_track_oct17

And here is the average. AP just had a 70% wrong track showing in September.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

Well then I guess I'm not sure which poll to believe.

55% approve of Obama, while 70% think the country is headed in the wrong direction.

In the Rasmussen Reports link, it doesn't specifically state that Obama is the reason we are headed in the wrong direction. I realize it's probably implied, but I felt it necessary to point that out.

...unless I just missed that somewhere on the first link.

There's plenty of reasons for people to think the country could be going in the wrong direction. There's only one way to judge Obama... yay, nay, or indifferent.

Plus, 538 has found the the presidential approval number is a much better indicator of how people will vote. At least with an incumbent up for reelection. IIRC the correlation is less important if it's a new candidate of the same party. But the right track/wrong track correlation to voter outcome is weak at best.

Edit: Dang. As usual, Knapp is much more timely than myself. He already said the same thing.

This is alarming and dangerous. This is a man who would be president, who is openly calling into question the legitimacy of Democracy in America.

Lol this is so BS. There are people on those rosters all over the place who shouldn't be. My girlfriend went in to vote for the primaries and came back out crying because she gave her last name and the worked asked if she was her grandmother who died 5 years ago. Opened some wounds, but that's not my point. She could have said yes and voted twice if she wanted to.

Easy to do when the media is rigged.

Donald Trump isn't saying people's votes are being changed. He's saying that the media is just about as corrupt as the candidate they support and are polluting the minds of the people.

No. It's not. Not to mention the fact that Trump got free press for months on end from pretty much every media format and every channel/newspaper. It's a big reason why he won the primary.