Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

I just finished watching it. On the video I watched, on page 8 of this thread, Donald goes to Wallace and shakes his hand a few seconds after Hillary did and before his family ever came up to the stage. So if anyone is saying something else or trying to make that an issue that's just plain false from what I seen. I thought it was Trump's best debate and yes he had a few moments that weren't necessary. The nasty woman comment wasn't necessary and certainly doesn't help him considering some of the accusations out there. I'm not shocked by the not willing to concede losing comment. I believe Gore did something similar to this in 2000 when there was a recount of votes in Florida while standing in front of the white house, but I'm not completely sure specifically what he said.

I still had a problem with this debate, but it's kind of the nature of the beast with this. I'm sick of the personal attacks against one another. Talk about the issues we're facing as a country and leave the personal attacks at home. This is the first time I've watched all debates for president and it might be the last if this is always going to be the tone. I realize you should hit on your opponents negatives, but I think this presidential campaign has been more nasty that others.

Not sure if anybody watched them exit the stage at the end ... this captures part of it. After this (when you see Hillary walk in front of the camera) she went and shook Wallace's hand and thanked him and then went into the crowd. Donald stood at the podium until his family came to him and then they left the building.

And I'd love to know who was sitting over to his right that he kept looking to - overtime he grimaced or said something out of line or off track he looked over there like somebody was correcting him or giving him signals total out.

after Hillary went down into the crowd, Trump proceeded over to Wallace to greet him. Then greeted some ppl in the crowd. then stood with his family for 5-10 minutes i believe. This was all seen on NBC, as they had a split screen up while the analysts were talking.

Not sure if anybody watched them exit the stage at the end ... this captures part of it. After this (when you see Hillary walk in front of the camera) she went and shook Wallace's hand and thanked him and then went into the crowd. Donald stood at the podium until his family came to him and then they left the building.

And I'd love to know who was sitting over to his right that he kept looking to - overtime he grimaced or said something out of line or off track he looked over there like somebody was correcting him or giving him signals total out.

after Hillary went down into the crowd, Trump proceeded over to Wallace to greet him. Then greeted some ppl in the crowd. then stood with his family for 5-10 minutes i believe. This was all seen on NBC, as they had a split screen up while the analysts were talking.

start at the 2 hour, 6 minute mark. My mistake. it wasnt a split screen. they were showing full as they were talking.

Look, it's pretty obvious that Trump sucked something fierce in all three debates. But frankly, had he learned to STFU, not taken bumps before the first two *SNNNNNNNNIFFF* debates, and calmly and politely grilled Hillary on issues without fanning his own ego, he would have won the debates and would get more than just the right-wing extremist vote in America. Trump didn't even need to put anything of substance out there, that's how lousy of a candidate Hillary is. But the reality is that Hillary mopped the floor with Trump because she looked like a calm, collected, polished politician compared to the childish antics Trump displayed.

Again, considering how crappy Hillary is as a candidate, it takes a lot of effort to look like a complete joke compared to her, so I suppose Trump deserves some congratulations for that level of suck. His debate performances were almost as abysmal as DoNU's performance against Pur-F******-due last season.

• Fire 2

Look, it's pretty obvious that Trump sucked something fierce in all three debates. But frankly, had he learned to STFU, not taken bumps before the first two *SNNNNNNNNIFFF* debates, and calmly and politely grilled Hillary on issues without fanning his own ego, he would have won the debates and would get more than just the right-wing extremist vote in America. Trump didn't even need to put anything of substance out there, that's how lousy of a candidate Hillary is. But the reality is that Hillary mopped the floor with Trump because she looked like a calm, collected, polished politician compared to the childish antics Trump displayed.

Again, considering how crappy Hillary is as a candidate, it takes a lot of effort to look like a complete joke compared to her, so I suppose Trump deserves some congratulations for that level of suck. His debate performances were almost as abysmal as DoNU's performance against Pur-F******-due last season.

Nebraska was without Tommy Armstrong in that game and lost both Pierson-El and Newby in the first half.

What's Trump's excuse? :D

• Fire 1

Nebraska was without Tommy Armstrong in that game and lost both Pierson-El and Newby in the first half.

What's Trump's excuse? :D

If you believe the gossip, Trump has been without Roger Ailes for some time now, as well as a competent campaign staff to coach him or ground game to get him through the fourth quarter of this campaign.

I'm not shocked by the not willing to concede losing comment. I believe Gore did something similar to this in 2000 when there was a recount of votes in Florida while standing in front of the white house, but I'm not completely sure specifically what he said.

6 Facts about Bush v. Gore Worth Remembering Before the Trump Campaign Revises History to Death

But the reality is that Hillary mopped the floor with Trump because she looked like a calm, collected, polished politician compared to the childish antics Trump displayed.

"No, you're a puppet. You're the puppet! YOU'RE THE PUPPET"

• Fire 3

Found this interesting. Normally not a source I would cite but, if you watched the debate last night, you probably noticed this....I sure did. It's definitely worth a look if you think what is being presented to you by the media is not being manipulated.

http://libertynews.com/2016/10/busted-debate-camera-crew-caught-rigging-hillarys-appearance-using-camera-filters/?Ref_ID=38253

The situation with Gore was not like this at all. Florida decided to do a recount. That was a state level decision. He waited on the results and accepted the decison after it was made. He could have taken it way further than he did.

Trump is saying the election is rigged and has been saying it for the past 2 weeks+. The damn election hasn't even happened yet. He is also no evidence to back up his claims. Now he says he doesn't know if he'll accept the decision and in Ohio today he said he would accept the election results if he wins. He's a child and he's putting the country in danger with these comments

I'm not shocked by the not willing to concede losing comment. I believe Gore did something similar to this in 2000 when there was a recount of votes in Florida while standing in front of the white house, but I'm not completely sure specifically what he said.

6 Facts about Bush v. Gore Worth Remembering Before the Trump Campaign Revises History to Death

But the reality is that Hillary mopped the floor with Trump because she looked like a calm, collected, polished politician compared to the childish antics Trump displayed.

"No, you're a puppet. You're the puppet! YOU'RE THE PUPPET"

The situation with Gore was not like this at all. Florida decided to do a recount. That was a state level decision. He waited on the results and accepted the decison after it was made. He could have taken it way further than he did.

Trump is saying the election is rigged and has been saying it for the past 2 weeks+. The damn election hasn't even happened yet. He is also no evidence to back up his claims. Now he says he doesn't know if he'll accept the decision and in Ohio today he said he would accept the election results if he wins. He's a child and he's putting the country in danger with these comments

Thanks for the info and clarification on that, I was 20 so I wasn't pay real close attention. Just vaguely remembered something. :thumbs

• Fire 1

RRRRRRRROFL.

There's nothing I don't like about this post, +1.

• Fire 1

Found this interesting. Normally not a source I would cite but, if you watched the debate last night, you probably noticed this....I sure did. It's definitely worth a look if you think what is being presented to you by the media is not being manipulated.

http://libertynews.com/2016/10/busted-debate-camera-crew-caught-rigging-hillarys-appearance-using-camera-filters/?Ref_ID=38253

So the implication is that a supposed camera filter impacted the outcome of this debate?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

*SNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIFFF*

*cough*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Um, no.

(Edit for clarification--I'm laughing at the source site, not JJ).

I watched parts at the gym. On the wall of TVs in front of the cardio machines, it was on about 8 different channels. Each channel had a slightly different hue. On a couple Trump looked very white. On others, he looked his normal orange. Now that could have been the TVs as well.

Also, IMO, I've noticed (before the debate) that he looks like he has aged a bit in the last few months. I don't think a couple hours of sleep per night is good for anyone, let alone a 70 year old (and that is a problem I have with both candidates).

^ Must not have ever heard of white balance before.

So the implication is that a supposed camera filter impacted the outcome of this debate?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

*cough*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Um, no.

I took another look at that site. They made no implication whatsoever that this impacted the outcome of this debate. They simply reported on the extremely obvious hue differential between Trump and Clinton. Their only implication was that the media was trying to rig the candidates appearance to aid Hillary.

You guys can snort, chuckle and guffaw all you want. If you're satisfied with media outlets subliminally affecting peoples perception of candidates, I must say I'm a little disappointed in you. Do you also like it when somebody pisses on you and tells you it's raining? I know I'm quite a bit older than most here but it used to be that these guys would report the news and events, as they really happened, and they made some effort in letting the people decipher what that meant for themselves. Either this was done on purpose to portray Hillary in a better light (no pun intended) than Trump or it was an honest mistake that somebody would have to explain to me how that happens. My first thought when I saw HRC in that debate was, hey she looks a hell of lot better than normal, she must have been in makeup for about 3 days prior to this shindig. Then I found out her image was being enhanced and Trumps was not. I could give a rip less about which person it harmed or helped or really even if it helped in this particular debate. The point is, the people who are presenting this information to normal everyday citizens are being dishonest with them. I don't like being lied to, apparently you guys do. Or, maybe you're just more comfortable with it since it's pretty much been happening your whole lives and you don't know any better.

• Fire 1

*cough*

*cough*

Um, no.

I took another look at that site. They made no implication whatsoever that this impacted the outcome of this debate. They simply reported on the extremely obvious hue differential between Trump and Clinton. Their only implication was that the media was trying to rig the candidates appearance to aid Hillary.

You guys can snort, chuckle and guffaw all you want. If you're satisfied with media outlets subliminally affecting peoples perception of candidates, I must say I'm a little disappointed in you. Do you also like it when somebody pisses on you and tells you it's raining? I know I'm quite a bit older than most here but it used to be that these guys would report the news and events, as they really happened, and they made some effort in letting the people decipher what that meant for themselves. Either this was done on purpose to portray Hillary in a better light (no pun intended) than Trump or it was an honest mistake that somebody would have to explain to me how that happens. My first thought when I saw HRC in that debate was, hey she looks a hell of lot better than normal, she must have been in makeup for about 3 days prior to this shindig. Then I found out her image was being enhanced and Trumps was not. I could give a rip less about which person it harmed or helped or really even if it helped in this particular debate. The point is, the people who are presenting this information to normal everyday citizens are being dishonest with them. I don't like being lied to, apparently you guys do. Or, maybe you're just more comfortable with it since it's pretty much been happening your whole lives and you don't know any better.

I don't know the entire back story here - but it's quite possible that part of her negotiation was to have a filter on her during these debates. Wouldn't be unusual, and that very well would be something Trump and his advisors or whomever was negotiating for the debates had no idea to ask for.

*cough*

*cough*

Um, no.

I don't know the entire back story here - but it's quite possible that part of her negotiation was to have a filter on her during these debates. Wouldn't be unusual, and that very well would be something Trump and his advisors or whomever was negotiating for the debates had no idea to ask for.

Thank you. That is a reasonable and possible explanation. We all know Trump's people can't handle the simplest things. They sure as heck probably wouldn't know if requesting a filter was an option or they would have tried defeating that orange tint a long time ago.