Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

Sounds like it was the best debate out of all of them. Sorry I missed it dang it............. :unsure:

I'd say it was Trump's best debate and Clinton's 2nd best debate.

But Trump also said two things that basically ruined it for him, imo.

That's what I kinda read, I'll have to see how I feel about it after I get a chance to watch it tomorrow.

This is alarming and dangerous. This is a man who would be president, who is openly calling into question the legitimacy of Democracy in America.

Lol this is so BS. There are people on those rosters all over the place who shouldn't be. My girlfriend went in to vote for the primaries and came back out crying because she gave her last name and the worked asked if she was her grandmother who died 5 years ago. Opened some wounds, but that's not my point. She could have said yes and voted twice if she wanted to.

Voter fraud amongst voters is rarely an issue. Voter fraud is a problem, though just not in the place you'd expect.

• Fire 1

Sounds like it was the best debate out of all of them. Sorry I missed it dang it............. :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrS_BWescM

Enjoy man! It certainly was the most substantive of any of them. For most of the night it remained relatively focused on the issues.

Yes, I think Chris Wallace did the best job of all moderators. He pressed both candidates for answers on hard subjects and didn't choose size. Just when you thought he was leaning Trump by a hard question he asked Hillary, then he hits Trump wt a zinger. Dang those Fox News overly biased right wing news guys. Fair and Balanced - maybe the most of any of the moderators.

Trump edged Hillary in the debate until the infamous ending about conceding the election.

• Fire 2

Trump edged Hillary in the debate until the infamous ending about conceding the election.

+ "Nasty woman"

Trump will probably argue it was some neutral comment he would have used against a man. But the thing is, women get called nasty for things that a man can do without any comment at all. And what Clinton was saying when he called her a nasty woman wasn't anything irregular for a debate.

At one point I told my wife Clinton was lying. She asked how I knew - I said her lips were moving. Clinton has slick way of sliding out of those difficult questions - she evaded the Foundation question wt a pivot to the 'great work' they are doing ignoring the corruption question. When you see her in deep thought, choosing her words carefully, that is normally a signal that a lie is on the way. She has her canned, well rehearsed answers. While Trump can come across as a dufus and unlearned wt some of his foot in mouth answers, at least he isn't canned and come across as a polished politician.

I still cannot believe we have to choose between these two.

Hillary's response about open borders was classic. She denies she was talking about open borders in the $250k speech but rather free flow of energy. Totally side stepping the question.

• Fire 2

+ "Nasty woman"

Trump will probably argue it was some neutral comment he would have used against a man. But the thing is, women get called nasty for things that a man can do without any comment at all. And what Clinton was saying when he called her a nasty woman wasn't anything irregular for a debate.

No one respects women more than me, no one.

Hillary's response about open borders was classic. She denies she was talking about open borders in the $250k speech but rather free flow of energy. Totally side stepping the question.

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."

• Fire 1

Not sure if anybody watched them exit the stage at the end ... this captures part of it. After this (when you see Hillary walk in front of the camera) she went and shook Wallace's hand and thanked him and then went into the crowd. Donald stood at the podium until his family came to him and then they left the building.

And I'd love to know who was sitting over to his right that he kept looking to - overtime he grimaced or said something out of line or off track he looked over there like somebody was correcting him or giving him signals total out.

• Fire 1

Trump landed some legitimate blows against Hillary, raised some questions worth pursuing, and made her look evasive.

But he makes even the biggest, most important issues facing our nation all about him. The level of pure narcissism is just stunning. His accountability for his own verified statements hovers around zero.

I don't think the fact-checking will break in Trump's favor, though that never sways his supporters. He has been prepared all along to take his ball and go home.

The irony is that Donald Trump is perhaps the biggest pu&&y to ever run for President.

Not sure if anybody watched them exit the stage at the end ... this captures part of it. After this (when you see Hillary walk in front of the camera) she went and shook Wallace's hand and thanked him and then went into the crowd. Donald stood at the podium until his family came to him and then they left the building.

And I'd love to know who was sitting over to his right that he kept looking to - overtime he grimaced or said something out of line or off track he looked over there like somebody was correcting him or giving him signals total out.

after Hillary went down into the crowd, Trump proceeded over to Wallace to greet him. Then greeted some ppl in the crowd. then stood with his family for 5-10 minutes i believe. This was all seen on NBC, as they had a split screen up while the analysts were talking.

A follow-up story on Vox:

Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
Donald Trump didn't just destroy himself. Hillary Clinton destroyed him.
Updated by Ezra Klein Oct 19, 2016, 11:58p

The third and final presidential debate has ended, and it can now be said: Hillary Clinton crushed Donald Trump in the most effective series of debate performances in modern political history.

The polling tells the story. As Nate Silver notes, on the eve of the first presidential debate, Clinton led by 1.5 points. Before the second, she was up by 5.6 points. Before the third, she was winning by 7.1 points. And now, writing after the third debate — a debate in which Trump said he would keep the nation "in suspense" about whether there would be a peaceful transition of power, bragged about not apologizing to his wife, and called Clinton "such a nasty woman" — it’s clear that Trump did himself no favors. Early polls also suggest Clinton won.

And it’s not just the presidential race. Betting markets now predict Democrats will win the Senate. Polls have started showing Democrats in striking distance of the House. The GOP has collapsed into a mid-election civil war, with the party’s presidential nominee openly battling the speaker of the House.

after Hillary went down into the crowd, Trump proceeded over to Wallace to greet him. Then greeted some ppl in the crowd. then stood with his family for 5-10 minutes i believe. This was all seen on NBC, as they had a split screen up while the analysts were talking.

start at the 2 hour, 6 minute mark. My mistake. it wasnt a split screen. they were showing full as they were talking.