Who Won? Debate #1

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The debate was very disappointing last night. It would have been nice to see Johnson on the floor as well and see how he would have changed the 'IQ' quality of the debate.

Trump did well the 1st 30 min then Hillary started to get under his skin. His answers started to become 'follow the bouncing ball if you can' - I was wondering what did he just say :dunno

Hillary dominated the last half to 2/3 of the debate as Trump lost focus. However, her drive to get in every negative character of Trump that she could started to make her look very petty.

She would have done better if she kept the high road of " when they go negative, we take the higher road'. She could have looked more presidential and just lean on her knowledge/experience.

Lester Holt: He lost control, he showed bias in his 'gotcha questions' - 3 for Trump and 0 for Hillary. He only brought up the emails because of Trump bringing it up first. He had many more

follow up ??s for Trump than Hillary. Maybe he was trying to make up for the NBC sponsored forum from a couple of weeks ago in which Matt Lauer was accuse by the Hillary camp as

not being fair. Yes, Trump should be called on the carpet for his stuff, but an unbiased moderator would have gone after Clinton on a # of issues.

American lost - last night proved we have 2 very flawed candidates. Neither inspire trust, confidence or belief that they can lead us to better days.

I have no idea who could be declared the winner of last nights verbal reenactment of a WWE match but my opinion was not changed.

Trump made some comments that slammed Hilary pretty well, which Hofstra audience applauded. Hillary made some comments that also drew some of the same.

To me, Fake lying Hilary and Boisterous I am better than you Donald, showed us why we are doomed come November.

Here is an interesting OpEd.

LINK

Hillary Clinton was boring and exceptionally well-prepared. Donald Trump was exciting but embarrassingly undisciplined. He began with his strongest argument — that the political class represented by her has failed us and it’s time to look to a successful dealmaker for leadership — and kept to it pretty well for the first 20 minutes.

Then due to the vanity and laziness that led him to think he could wing the most important 95 minutes of his life, he lost the thread of his argument, he lost control of his temper and he lost the perspective necessary to correct these mistakes as he went.

Methodically and carefully, Hillary Clinton took over. Her purpose was to show she was rational and policy-driven, the kind of person who could be trusted to handle a careful and delicate job with prudence and sobriety — and that he was none of these things.

And she succeeded. By the end of the 95 minutes, Trump was reduced to a sputtering mess blathering about Rosie O’Donnell and about how he hasn’t yet said the mean things about Hillary that he is thinking.

I agree that this was devastating and will haunt Trump going forward. I can see the Hillary TV commercials already:

Most important, he set ticking time bombs for himself over the next six weeks.

As she hammered him on his tax returns, he handed her an inestimable gift by basically saying he pays no federal taxes despite his billions — and moreover, that if he had done so, it would have been “squandered” anyway." That’s not going to go away, nor is her suggestion that his refusal to release his returns is the result of his either not being as rich as he says or not being as charitable as he claims.

Clinton quoted him saying in 2006 that he hoped for a housing meltdown because it would provide buying opportunities and thereby goaded him into saying “that’s called business, by the way.” To which she quickly replied that 9 million people lost their jobs and 5 million lost their homes in the housing meltdown he was so excited about. Blammo

His supporters should be furious with him, and so should the public in general. By performing this incompetently, by refusing to prepare properly for this exchange, by not learning enough to put meat on the bones of his populist case against Clinton, he displayed nothing but contempt for the people who have brought him this far — and for the American people who are going to make this momentous decision on Nov. 8.

• Fire 3

Disclaimer: I don't think that I'll be voting for either of these two terrible options.

He's betting on there existing more people who respond to being shouted words at, than people who scrutinize and think.

Agreed.

The whole email scandal was a soft ball over the plate for Donny, but instead of knocking it out of the park, he hits a foul ball. He barely touched that one. He tried, and it was weak.

There was practically no substance to what he said. Although, I did like his angle of saying that, "Clinton has experience, but it's bad experience." Might have been the only good angle he played all night. He's a bloated mangled orange draped with nutria. If there's anything inside of that dome, it's got to be jello.

Donald Trump said he held back from bringing up Monica Lewinsky at the Monday presidential debate — because he saw Chelsea Clinton in the audience.

“When she hit me at the end with the women, I was going to hit her with her husband’s women and I decided I shouldn’t do it because her daughter was in the room,” Trump said Tuesday morning in a phone interview on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

Clinton had taken aim at Trump by quoting sexist comments he’d made in the past.

“I didn’t feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady,” Trump said in the morning-after interview.

After the debate, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said the Republican nominee was going to call Clinton “phony as a feminist.”

“Why? Because you take money from countries that stone women, you take money from countries that imprison women, you take money from countries where women can’t drive, you take money — not money — millions and hundreds of millions of dollars that treat women as chattel,” Giuliani said of what Trump had planned to tell Clinton. He didn’t specify what funding he was referring to

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/why-trump-decided-not-bring-up-lewinsky-at-debate/

Donald Trump said he held back from bringing up Monica Lewinsky at the Monday presidential debate — because he saw Chelsea Clinton in the audience.

“When she hit me at the end with the women, I was going to hit her with her husband’s women and I decided I shouldn’t do it because her daughter was in the room,” Trump said Tuesday morning in a phone interview on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

He didn't hold back, he talked about it as he walked through the Spin Room.

He was either too unprepared to bring it up when it mattered or knew Hillary was prepared for him to go that road, so he had to wait until she was gone and didn't have a chance to respond.

• Fire 2

Here is an interesting OpEd.

LINK

Hillary Clinton was boring and exceptionally well-prepared. Donald Trump was exciting but embarrassingly undisciplined. He began with his strongest argument — that the political class represented by her has failed us and it’s time to look to a successful dealmaker for leadership — and kept to it pretty well for the first 20 minutes.

Then due to the vanity and laziness that led him to think he could wing the most important 95 minutes of his life, he lost the thread of his argument, he lost control of his temper and he lost the perspective necessary to correct these mistakes as he went.

Methodically and carefully, Hillary Clinton took over. Her purpose was to show she was rational and policy-driven, the kind of person who could be trusted to handle a careful and delicate job with prudence and sobriety — and that he was none of these things.

And she succeeded. By the end of the 95 minutes, Trump was reduced to a sputtering mess blathering about Rosie O’Donnell and about how he hasn’t yet said the mean things about Hillary that he is thinking.

I agree that this was devastating and will haunt Trump going forward. I can see the Hillary TV commercials already:

Most important, he set ticking time bombs for himself over the next six weeks.

As she hammered him on his tax returns, he handed her an inestimable gift by basically saying he pays no federal taxes despite his billions — and moreover, that if he had done so, it would have been “squandered” anyway." That’s not going to go away, nor is her suggestion that his refusal to release his returns is the result of his either not being as rich as he says or not being as charitable as he claims.

Clinton quoted him saying in 2006 that he hoped for a housing meltdown because it would provide buying opportunities and thereby goaded him into saying “that’s called business, by the way.” To which she quickly replied that 9 million people lost their jobs and 5 million lost their homes in the housing meltdown he was so excited about. Blammo

His supporters should be furious with him, and so should the public in general. By performing this incompetently, by refusing to prepare properly for this exchange, by not learning enough to put meat on the bones of his populist case against Clinton, he displayed nothing but contempt for the people who have brought him this far — and for the American people who are going to make this momentous decision on Nov. 8.

The other thing about his tax returns that bothers me is Trump said that if she releases the emails he will release his tax returns. So which is it? He can't release because he's under audit or he won't release because he doesn't want to? He all but confirmed that he COULD do it even if it is against his lawyers recommendations which I'm sure the Clinton's lawyers advised them of as well.

The unpreparedness thing is a bad look. This is arguably the biggest moment of their lives so far and showing up to wing it is a bad look. At times the POTUS has to show to things and be prepared. If Trump can study for this debate why would I expect him to show up at the G8 summit and be prepared.

• Fire 1

Clinton had taken aim at Trump by quoting sexist comments he’d made in the past.

“I didn’t feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady,” Trump said in the morning-after interview.

After the debate, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said the Republican nominee was going to call Clinton “phony as a feminist.”

“Why? Because you take money from countries that stone women, you take money from countries that imprison women, you take money from countries where women can’t drive, you take money — not money — millions and hundreds of millions of dollars that treat women as chattel,” Giuliani said of what Trump had planned to tell Clinton. He didn’t specify what funding he was referring to

I have the feeling that as well as Clinton was prepared, she had something planned to say if he brings that up.

• Fire 3

I have the feeling that as well as Clinton was prepared, she had something planned to say if he brings that up.

Exactly, he would have been walking into a trap. He can't criticize her spouse for having affairs when he did. I mean he can, and probably will, but it is a terrible look.

• Fire 3

Exactly, he would have been walking into a trap. He can't criticize her spouse for having affairs when he did. I mean he can, and probably will, but it is a terrible look.

That's something I've never understood about him slamming her over this issue. He's just as big of slimeball as Bill. It's as though he thinks everyone just forgets about that.

Donald Trump said he held back from bringing up Monica Lewinsky at the Monday presidential debate because he saw Chelsea Clinton in the audience.

When she hit me at the end with the women, I was going to hit her with her husbands women and I decided I shouldnt do it because her daughter was in the room, Trump said Tuesday morning in a phone interview on Fox News Fox & Friends.

Clinton had taken aim at Trump by quoting sexist comments hed made in the past.

I didnt feel comfortable doing it with Chelsea in the room. I think Chelsea is a fine young lady, Trump said in the morning-after interview.

After the debate, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said the Republican nominee was going to call Clinton phony as a feminist.

Why? Because you take money from countries that stone women, you take money from countries that imprison women, you take money from countries where women cant drive, you take money not money millions and hundreds of millions of dollars that treat women as chattel, Giuliani said of what Trump had planned to tell Clinton. He didnt specify what funding he was referring to

That's something I've never understood about him slamming her over this issue. He's just as big of slimeball as Bill. It's as though he thinks everyone just forgets about that.

That, and he's not running against Bill.

• Fire 2