Who Won? Debate #1

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trump said a lot of words, though, and he was very macho about it all. I mean, he said a lot of words.

He's betting on there existing more people who respond to being shouted words at, than people who scrutinize and think.

He may be right. We'll see how we all choose to act, come time to submit our ballots.

This is basically what I got out of it:

Trump said he got 80 trillion American endorsements the other day and is very proud of that.

Hilary's fake smile reminded me of Norman Bates smile from Psycho. She tried too hard to get laughs.

Overall I would say that Lester won because he was the only sane person.

Also I know that the saints lost.

• Fire 1

Boy if the other two parties wouldn't have paid off the pollsters Gary Johnson would have destroyed those two tonight. I wouldn't even call that a debate. Too often the moderator failed to gain control of the conversation to stick to the issues being discussed and let the two go off on mindless rants that had no real bearing on the original topic. I would give Hillary the edge after Trump did what Trump does. The first half was good for Trump then it pretty much went down hill.

How is it possible that in the greatest country in the world, America, we have a political system that gives us these two clowns to decide between for president? We need to rethink the way we do politics in this country. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

What it comes down to is one is a experienced, smart, qualified candidate that rubs some people the wrong way (and has lied about some very very big issues). The other is a lying, uneducated, uncaring, unqualified bigot. The decision is an easy one.

FIFY

Fair enough - most people, when they actually dig into the issues that she has lied on see that the weight of them vs. the attention they are getting is a wee bit skewed ... vs the gaps of supporting information and outright lies that come from the other one. But you're right. She has lied.

Not sure if anyone saw John Oliver this weekend, but he (I'm paraphrasing here) said lies to politicians are like raisins in a cookie. You don't like them, they shouldn't be there, but they are. You hope your cookie has no raisins. Hillary's cookie has some raisins, but Trump has only raisins .. no cookie whatsoever.

• Fire 5

What it comes down to is one is a experienced, smart, qualified candidate that rubs some people the wrong way (and has lied about some very very big issues). The other is a lying, uneducated, uncaring, unqualified bigot. The decision is an easy one.

FIFY

Fair enough - most people, when they actually dig into the issues that she has lied on see that the weight of them vs. the attention they are getting is a wee bit skewed ... vs the gaps of supporting information and outright lies that come from the other one. But you're right. She has lied.

Not sure if anyone saw John Oliver this weekend, but he (I'm paraphrasing here) said lies to politicians are like raisins in a cookie. You don't like them, they shouldn't be there, but they are. You hope your cookie has no raisins. Hillary's cookie has some raisins, but Trump has only raisins .. no cookie whatsoever.

Quite frankly, I view her lies as big lies while Trump lies constantly. The issue is that the only reason why Trumps aren't as big of lies as hers is because he hasn't been in public life like she has. IF (God help us) he wins, we will have some real whopper of lies over the next 4 years that will potentially dwarf anything she has said.