Who Won? Debate #1

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But on occasion, four times, we used certain laws that are there. And when Secretary Clinton talks about people that didn’t get paid, first of all, they did get paid a lot, but taken advantage of the laws of the nation. Now, if you want to change the laws, you’ve been there a long time, change the laws. But I take advantage of the laws of the nation because I’m running a company.

Yes. Trump is the quintessential crony capitalist. He's despicable on every level for that fact.

And of course, the non-thinking majority of the people that voted for him don't even know what "Crony Capitalism" is and why it's so bad.

I have been in business a long time. I have been taken advantage of by people like Trump that do something they shouldn't do but are allowed to because of how certain laws are written.

It's quite frankly disgusting and extremely frustrating.

• Fire 1

It looks like Hillary lost some supporters in North Carolina after Monday's debate.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article104382951.html

and those lost supporters went to Johnson rather than trump according to that article.

One potential winner in the focus group was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, who benefited largely because so many voters were annoyed at both Trump and Clinton.

“I was looking for Hillary to convince me, but I’m not getting the Hillary I’m looking for,” particularly on taxes, said Eardly, an unaffiliated voter. By the end of the debate, he’d moved from Clinton to considering Johnson.

Kokos, who works in Hickory, said before the debate he was undecided. Afterward, he ruled out Clinton and appeared open to either Johnson or Trump. “The things she said were out of an old playbook,” he said.

Before the debate, the tally was nine Clinton, three Trump, six undecided and three Johnson. Afterward, it became seven Clinton, three Trump, six undecided and five Johnson.

What the hell was that taxes guy looking for? It sounds like he just wanted someone to say they'd cut his taxes. If so, no Democrat would ever win his vote. The problem is that Trump wants to give a huge (~6%) tax cut to the rich, which would balloon the deficit.

Clinton wants to shuttle the vast majority of her tax increases to the wealthy.

People need to take time to understand what their proposing and not just assume cutting taxes is good and increasing them is bad.

I've wondered something about a debate where Trump is involved. What does a moderator do to not lose control and let him just ramble on and do whatever he wants?

I said it during the debate. Cut out their mics. Honestly, there's a way they could do it that wouldn't seem biased. If they're giving someone 2 minutes to talk, cut the other person's mic out until it's over and then let them argue.

I've wondered something about a debate where Trump is involved. What does a moderator do to not lose control and let him just ramble on and do whatever he wants?

I said it during the debate. Cut out their mics. Honestly, there's a way they could do it that wouldn't seem biased. If they're giving someone 2 minutes to talk, cut the other person's mic out until it's over and then let them argue.

I have always thought they should do that

It looks like Hillary lost some supporters in North Carolina after Monday's debate.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article104382951.html

and those lost supporters went to Johnson rather than trump according to that article.

One potential winner in the focus group was Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, who benefited largely because so many voters were annoyed at both Trump and Clinton.

“I was looking for Hillary to convince me, but I’m not getting the Hillary I’m looking for,” particularly on taxes, said Eardly, an unaffiliated voter. By the end of the debate, he’d moved from Clinton to considering Johnson.

Kokos, who works in Hickory, said before the debate he was undecided. Afterward, he ruled out Clinton and appeared open to either Johnson or Trump. “The things she said were out of an old playbook,” he said.

Before the debate, the tally was nine Clinton, three Trump, six undecided and three Johnson. Afterward, it became seven Clinton, three Trump, six undecided and five Johnson.

Yes indeed. That's still bad news for her if voters in swing states are leaving her for Johnson, but fewer Trump voters are leaving for Johnson.

Yes indeed. That's still bad news for her if voters in swing states are leaving her for Johnson, but fewer Trump voters are leaving for Johnson.

It's just a focus group. They had one on CNN where 4 people went from undecided to Clinton. I didn't take anything away from this as it's not a random sample and even if it was it's not big enough.

• Fire 2