Week 7 Preview: Indiana

BIG ERN

I'll be honest, I think their performance against tOSU was an anomaly.

Totally fine to think that, I hope you're right and I'll be very glad for it if so, but that's not based on any actual data - it's just a hunch.

What data do you have to support the contrary? Ohio State is the only team of that caliber they have faced.
and Ohio State is Goliath to Indiana, and they had an extra week to prepare.

I really hope we steamroll over em or I'm not going to be able to come on the board until after we slap around Purdue.

You can drink with me anytime. I think IU is decent, but I am with you on the negative nancies. I think a 10+ point win, perhaps built primarily in the 4th, but with NU in control the whole way.
  • Fire 1

That's fine, but let's not act like this, "It's ridiculous that people are so down on the Huskers against opponent _________" mindset hasn't been proven wrong plenty of times over the last decade.

Remember 2008 Virginia Tech?

VA Tech was favored in that game by more than ten, IIRC. Not arguing against your point, just the facts. Early in that season most oddsmakers weren't high on the Huskers after the 2007 debacle.

• Fire 1

With injuries, NU needs to bring its "A" game. The Hoosiers have a potent offense that is far from one dimensional. Our best D is our O that eats the clock. Keep them off the field. We can't afford to wait until the 4th to put the game away. Punch them in the mouth early, get to Lagow early and often. Trust our DB's to be "Lock Down U......

I think this team won't over look anyone. Riley and Co will have them ready to play.

Yeah, Sam still on the talent drum.

Indiana has one four-star on the team and he's out indefinitely with an injury. And Indiana is in the bottom 15 of the Power 5 in roster talent. But do what ya gotta do....

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/786379039560785920

So the question for Sam is does he not think Riley and Co can't coach up their players to the same degree? I also don't get how someone who reports on recruiting can downplay the past recruiting of NU so much.

So the question for Sam is does he not think Riley and Co can't coach up their players to the same degree? I also don't get how someone who reports on recruiting can downplay the past recruiting of NU so much.

Because it fits his agenda of being able to give as much credit - and as little blame - to the coaches as possible.

Indiana has one four-star on the team and he's out indefinitely with an injury. And Indiana is in the bottom 15 of the Power 5 in roster talent. But do what ya gotta do....

I don't understand.

He said the talent matchup is decent. Is this not true?

He said we have the edge. Is this not true?

Are you guys saying we have a much greater talent edge than Sam is implying?

I don't doubt we have more talent, but I'd argue that the talent gap between Nebraska and say Ohio State is larger than Nebraska and Indiana (at this point anyway)

I don't understand.

He said the talent matchup is decent. Is this not true?

He said we have the edge. Is this not true?

Are you guys saying we have a much greater talent edge than Sam is implying?

I don't doubt we have more talent, but I'd argue that the talent gap between Nebraska and say Ohio State is larger than Nebraska and Indiana (at this point anyway)

Yes.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Injuries can screw with those numbers, but as we've heard forever, every team has injuries, so we just gotta overcome them.