Week 7 Preview: Indiana

BIG ERN

Stat on the Indiana defense. They are one of the worst teams at TFL (121st) and sacks (99th). This is why I was surprised that their coach said he was going to blitz us a lot Saturday.

a little bit of hijacking but I also saw their QB is the worst in the BIG against the blitz, but surprisingly enough he has been blitzed the least. Theye did use QBR to determine this which can be unreliable but I think it would be wise for Banker to adopt the same game plan they are supposedly looking to use against us

The fact we are playing Indiana is irrelevant. I think most people are predicting us to struggle out of sheer lowered expectations. If we were playing Purdue this week it would be "Well ya knoe, they beat us last year and they are playing to save their coach and they are pretty solid and blah blah blah".

We are beating Indiana by at least 10 points this week, no excuses.

This game smells like a 'trap game' to me. This game scares the crap outta me. However, if we can play a clean game for all 4 quarters we should win. Ever hopeful...GBR!

I think it's about the least of a "trap" game as you can get.

A trap game is either right after a "big" game or right before a "big" game against a lesser opponent. Not only is this neither of those but we had a bye week to prepare for them.

• Fire 1

I think the Vegas line moving to -3.5 is pretty telling. They see Nebraska struggling most likely due to injuries and the fact that we seem to play down to competition.

Vegas set the line at -8, the line has only moved as the standard bettors have gone heavy on IU. The line only moves to ensure that there is equal money on each side. The sharps haven't really bet yet, that is who everyone should pay attention to, and I am betting they love the line down to -3.5.

Blitz you say? Better cue up some well-timed screens to Newby and Pierson-El.

I can see De'Mornay breaking through in this game either as a wideout, since Westy and Cethan are down, in the jet sweep game, with Ozigbo hurt and Tommy not at 100%, or in the return game. The Hoosiers special teams aren't anything to brag about.

I think the Vegas line moving to -3.5 is pretty telling. They see Nebraska struggling most likely due to injuries and the fact that we seem to play down to competition.

Vegas set the line at -8, the line has only moved as the standard bettors have gone heavy on IU. The line only moves to ensure that there is equal money on each side. The sharps haven't really bet yet, that is who everyone should pay attention to, and I am betting they love the line down to -3.5.

Usually I agree that the sharps bet late. But for the line to move that far that fast, I guarantee there was some big money on IU getting more that a TD. BIG money.

Won't be surprised if the line bumps back up late in the week as they buy back some of that, especially if it drops to -3.

Indiana is a tough out in Bloomington. They frankly should have beaten both Michigan and Ohio State at home last year. Although it's a different team this year and will not be an intimidating environment, they tend to play well at home. This is also a much improved football team. This team is not the Indiana that many casual fans think of. This team has gotten much better under Kevin Wilson. As far as losing to Wake Forest, they almost put up 700 yards of total offense but were doomed by 5 INT's. They should be a 4-1 football team and should demand our full attention.

Usually I agree that the sharps bet late. But for the line to move that far that fast, I guarantee there was some big money on IU getting more that a TD. BIG money.

Won't be surprised if the line bumps back up late in the week as they buy back some of that, especially if it drops to -3.

Perhaps they saw early value, but I think that this game is seen as the sexy pick this week and those tend to get heavy action early. If the line narrows more by game day, then I would be concerned. I think the value play has swung the other way personally.