*** 2016 Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Indiana***

Saunders

Pick the winner  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Riley has a history of big upsets...both ways. I hope that is not the case this weekend.

Where do you get this from? Wasnt really a possibility for bad losses when he was at Oregon St. And i wouldnt hold his first year at Nebraska against him just yet.

He lost to FCS teams.

Like i said, losing to fcs teams at Oregon St isnt much of an upset.

Wow...okay.

• Fire 1

Riley has a history of big upsets...both ways. I hope that is not the case this weekend.

Where do you get this from? Wasnt really a possibility for bad losses when he was at Oregon St. And i wouldnt hold his first year at Nebraska against him just yet.
He lost to FCS teams.
Like i said, losing to fcs teams at Oregon St isnt much of an upset.

Wow...okay.
You know how hard it is to recruit to Kosovo, Oregon?!?!
  • Fire 1

First possession for Indiana will make them look terrific. After that, they'll have their moments but NU will gradually start to dominate. The Huskers play a full game to their potential, win by 14+ and put a secret fear in the souls of Wisky and tOSU.

If Wisky wins against tOSU, there will be no fear of us on their part unless we roll up 70 on Indiana and 100 on Pur-f*****g-due.

And even then, Wisky will just add more jet sweeps to their playbook.

First possession for Indiana will make them look terrific. After that, they'll have their moments but NU will gradually start to dominate. The Huskers play a full game to their potential, win by 14+ and put a secret fear in the souls of Wisky and tOSU.

I'd like to return to the days when NU put fear into the minds of their opponents - on a regular basis. :ohnoes

I have a feeling Nebraska is going to win this one comfortably. Indiana's defense is much improved, but I don't think they got a 100% focused Ohio State team last week. Nebraska had last week to rest up and prepare, and they're going to give everything to Indiana.

Meanwhile, I don't think Indiana is as great on offense as everyone thinks. Yes, they like to throw the ball around the yard and yes, pass coverage isn't a strength of the defense, but Lagow is a little turnover and not the most accurate passer.

I think this game will follow the mold we've seen in previous games. Nebraska goes up early, ends the first quarter ahead 7-0, 7-3, 10-3, or 10-7, maintains that same lead going into halftime, falls behind for a bit in the third, and then pulls away in the fourth.

Nebraska 35 Indiana 17

Sorry, A little late to the thread, but I saw this in the OP from the College Football News prediction:

...... there’s a good chance the Huskers have yet to beat a team that’ll be going to a bowl game –

I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration. I mean, Wyoming is 4-2 and unbeaten in conference. Oregon has looked bad, but I think there's a 'good chance' they at least make a bowl... sheesh! It's not like we scheduled 2 FCS teams, like half the SEC....

• Fire 1

Sorry, A little late to the thread, but I saw this in the OP from the College Football News prediction:

...... there’s a good chance the Huskers have yet to beat a team that’ll be going to a bowl game –

I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration. I mean, Wyoming is 4-2 and unbeaten in conference. Oregon has looked bad, but I think there's a 'good chance' they at least make a bowl... sheesh! It's not like we scheduled 2 FCS teams, like half the SEC....

I expressed the same sentiment a couple weeks ago. Now that Wyoming got two nice wins (against their rivals) I think they'll be in good shape.

Oregon? I don't think so. They have to find four wins against Cal, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, Utah and Oregon State. I can see two, maybe three. But they'll have to play a lot better than they have been the last couple weeks to get more than two. They've been outscored 121-54 in their last two. They aren't even competitive. Washington is kind of understandable but Washington State lost to a FCS team to start the year (though they've played better recently).

Fresno State is 1-5 and will almost assuredly not go bowling.

Northwestern helped themselves a lot by beating Iowa and have a reeling Michigan State team this weekend. But if they lose to MSU they'll have to win at least one game from Ohio State, Wisconsin or Minnesota to be eligible. Could be if they can find some offense.

Illinois is 1-4 and will have to stage quite a turn-around to make it.

• Fire 1

I have a feeling Nebraska is going to win this one comfortably. Indiana's defense is much improved, but I don't think they got a 100% focused Ohio State team last week. Nebraska had last week to rest up and prepare, and they're going to give everything to Indiana.

Meanwhile, I don't think Indiana is as great on offense as everyone thinks. Yes, they like to throw the ball around the yard and yes, pass coverage isn't a strength of the defense, but Lagow is a little turnover and not the most accurate passer.

I think this game will follow the mold we've seen in previous games. Nebraska goes up early, ends the first quarter ahead 7-0, 7-3, 10-3, or 10-7, maintains that same lead going into halftime, falls behind for a bit in the third, and then pulls away in the fourth.

Nebraska 35 Indiana 17

I'm with you on the fact that OSU didn't play anywhere close to their best, some of that due to IU, but still. I see the game playing out the same way you do.

I would probably go with 24-28 for us and around 10-14 for them.

For some reason I think the Blackshirts show up this week in a big way.

I expressed the same sentiment a couple weeks ago. Now that Wyoming got two nice wins (against their rivals) I think they'll be in good shape.

Oregon? I don't think so. They have to find four wins against Cal, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, Utah and Oregon State. I can see two, maybe three. But they'll have to play a lot better than they have been the last couple weeks to get more than two. They've been outscored 121-54 in their last two. They aren't even competitive. Washington is kind of understandable but Washington State lost to a FCS team to start the year (though they've played better recently).

Fresno State is 1-5 and will almost assuredly not go bowling.

Northwestern helped themselves a lot by beating Iowa and have a reeling Michigan State team this weekend. But if they lose to MSU they'll have to win at least one game from Ohio State, Wisconsin or Minnesota to be eligible. Could be if they can find some offense.

Illinois is 1-4 and will have to stage quite a turn-around to make it.

Just to be fair about Washington State, they just destroyed Stanford on their own field last weekend. They will end up being a pretty good team although a loss to a FCS team is never justified.