What did we learn-Indiana edition

I'm not going to get caught up in the quality of the wins this year. Yes, the schedule has been easy, but NU has won them all. The first step to being a great program is winning all the games you are "supposed to" against inferior competition. Bo would have slip ups each year, and Riley was awful with this last year. So far, NU is 5-0 on the supposed to win games, and 1-0 against an evenly talented team in Oregon.

• Fire 1

I don't think there's a significant difference between Freshman Tommy and Senior Tommy.

But we won some exciting games on Freshman Tommy's shoulder's, too.

That we won a road game against a well-coached spoiler team like Indiana with Bad Tommy and two missing receivers means we can kick this discussion down the road another week.

• Fire 1

I understand that some of us don't always agree with Langs play calling, etc. It is also very easy for us to see what would work as we sit back and drink a beer and watch it on our TV. Seems like he's a zero or a hero to most people and I'm just thinking 6-0 feels great. Bonehead play calling happens in every level of football, it happens, he didn't cost us the game and he also had some great play calls.

Banker deserves a +1 because they were flying around like crazy.

Read should be blamed for most of our special teams blunder but also using simple math, an adjustment from the players should have happened on that blocked punt. I blame both parties.

Regardless, 6-0. Win, keep on moving. GBR!

I didn't learn much I guess. We are too beat up to get a good read on this team. And the top ten ranking has put a target on our back, we are getting everyones best effort which is flattering if nothing else.

Are Illinois and Indiana as good as we want to assume they are defensively, or is our depth chart crumbling? Probably a little of both.

Overall I learned that the heart of this team is it's sheer will to win games in crunch time and you just can't put a price on that regardless of opponent. Lets cruise to a big easy win against Purdue then give the two heavies everything we have, hopefully we can pull at least one win off with a depleted roster. Love this team.

Really, so beating the teams we have should bring us notoriety? How about we beat a team in the top 10 or maybe two to validate it.

When's the last time we didn't drop a game to a team we shouldn't have beaten. Given the performance of this program over the last decade and a half, yes, that is a notable achievement.

This team has more attachicon.gifimage.jpeg then any team in the last 5 years.

2012 probably has issue with your statement.

Really, so beating the teams we have should bring us notoriety? How about we beat a team in the top 10 or maybe two to validate it.

When's the last time we didn't drop a game to a team we shouldn't have beaten. Given the performance of this program over the last decade and a half, yes, that is a notable achievement.

This team has more attachicon.gifimage.jpeg then any team in the last 5 years.

2012 probably has issue with your statement.

yeah. That's tough. 2012 was definitely a strange year in terms of comeback wins week in week out. i think really the only game in a stretch from the Ohio St game through the end of the year that didnt require a high amount of toughness mentally would be the Minnesota and Michigan games. Those were games we kinda controlled throughout.

But what's different about his team than that is this team's seemingly much higher amount of readiness to play the game. In 2012, we'd come out and make some head scratching mistakes and dig the hole. I always said dont question Bo teams effort and guts, but dont question their shovel either. This team this year has never really dug themselves that hole and been in postion to need some sort of drastic, heart stopping, flurry of a comeback. We've never gone into the lockerroom at halftime thinking (man, what aer we gonna do).

More heart? no.

Better understanding of the process of a whole game and grind out mentality? Definitely yes.