Clinton emails

Hillary on Friday/Sat demanded that the FBI turn over all of the information that they had. That the voters had a

right to know what information they had. This is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black. Think of the hypocrisy in

that statement. This from the person who deleted 33 thousand emls, bleached her server, and is involved in a Watergate

style cover up. Priceless!!

She and her supporters, including the compliant media, are saying the action of the FBI director's decision to reopen the case is 'unprecedented' - esp right before an election.

However, I'd say these things are unprecedented:

It is unprecedented that the FBI director would bow to political pressure & not indict someone who was “grossly careless” with security. In which wikileaks eventually showed that her intentions were to avoid scrutiny, cover up, and to work around the law.

“””""""""""""""""""that the attorney general would meet wt the husband of a person under investigation prior to the end of the investigation

“””""""""""""""""""" that the major media looked the other way, and it took an unground media operation to expose the ongoing corruption

“”””””"""""""""""""" that a major political party would nominate someone who is so obviously corrupt. Hillary placed Clinton Inc above the security and welfare of the USA.

“”””””””""""""""""""" that the DNC would rig the nomination process by actively supporting Hillary & actively undermining the candidacy of Bernie Sanders

“””””””””"""""""""""""that she would not be indicted for running a mafia style shakedown operation called the Clinton Foundation

“”””””” """"""""""""""" after the continued history of scandal around the Clintons, including the pay for play sale of the Lincoln bedroom in the 1990s that a party would nominate a couple who have turned pay for play into such a large scale

corrupt operation

And yes, I could start a 'unprecedented' list on Donald Trump but that is not the focus of this tread. Clinton is corrupt, Trump is inept among other things.

Reid's comments are comical. FBI having a double standard. He's forgotten that the FBI Director left Hillary off the hook in July by saying she was just grossly careless, yet others have gone to jail for far less.

Justice shouldn't stop just because of an election. If new information comes to light, then the investigation must be reopened.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-comeys-double-standard-may-have-broken-law/article/2606029

and there is the problem ... and why she has asked for more transparency of the content of these supposed emails found on a man's computer who was being investigated, who happens to be married to one of her employees.

I can empathize with how Comey arrived at this decision, though. In hindsight, his decision seems like a foolhardy one, for the reasons Zoogs outlined.

On the other hand, had he not announced anything and waited until they had more information (almost assuredly after the election), he'd face mountains of accusations from Conservativeland ft. Donald Trump that the fix was in, he was hiding "explosive bombshells" to protect Clinton, and all of the right would demand his head on a pike.

Now, I agree with the former course of action over the latter for various reasons. Even the FBI director should not let possible criticism they face for their actions affect their course of action. It's not his fault his party has gone rabid over this thing and is out for blood, no matter how illogically.

But yes, chiefly for the implications on the election, I think this was a mistake. If it sticks Clinton with a Republican Senate by very narrow margins, I will be very disappointed.

To put this in perspective we can all relate to ....

Let's say at your place of employment there are two employees being investigated by HR. One is for misuse of company email and the other is for touching women inappropriately. Is one worse than the other? Which gets more attention and focus from HR and leadership? Does anybody have more risk than another as far as keeping their job?

• Fire 1

Hillary on Friday/Sat demanded that the FBI turn over all of the information that they had. That the voters had a

right to know what information they had. This is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black. Think of the hypocrisy in

that statement. This from the person who deleted 33 thousand emls, bleached her server, and is involved in a Watergate

style cover up. Priceless!!

She and her supporters, including the compliant media, are saying the action of the FBI director's decision to reopen the case is 'unprecedented' - esp right before an election.

However, I'd say these things are unprecedented:

It is unprecedented that the FBI director would bow to political pressure & not indict someone who was “grossly careless” with security. In which wikileaks eventually showed that her intentions were to avoid scrutiny, cover up, and to work around the law.

“””""""""""""""""""that the attorney general would meet wt the husband of a person under investigation prior to the end of the investigation

“””""""""""""""""""" that the major media looked the other way, and it took an unground media operation to expose the ongoing corruption

“”””””"""""""""""""" that a major political party would nominate someone who is so obviously corrupt. Hillary placed Clinton Inc above the security and welfare of the USA.

“”””””””""""""""""""" that the DNC would rig the nomination process by actively supporting Hillary & actively undermining the candidacy of Bernie Sanders

“””””””””"""""""""""""that she would not be indicted for running a mafia style shakedown operation called the Clinton Foundation

“”””””” """"""""""""""" after the continued history of scandal around the Clintons, including the pay for play sale of the Lincoln bedroom in the 1990s that a party would nominate a couple who have turned pay for play into such a large scale

corrupt operation

And yes, I could start a 'unprecedented' list on Donald Trump but that is not the focus of this tread. Clinton is corrupt, Trump is inept among other things.

Reid's comments are comical. FBI having a double standard. He's forgotten that the FBI Director left Hillary off the hook in July by saying she was just grossly careless, yet others have gone to jail for far less.

Justice shouldn't stop just because of an election. If new information comes to light, then the investigation must be reopened.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-comeys-double-standard-may-have-broken-law/article/2606029

and there is the problem ... and why she has asked for more transparency of the content of these supposed emails found on a man's computer who was being investigated, who happens to be married to one of her employees.

She knows as a lawyer, the FBI cannot comment on the content of the emls at this stage of the investigation. According to one report in the Wall Street Journal, 650k emls are on that computer. How many are Clinton state dept emls :dunno but there must be sufficient cause to dig deeper especially wt the implications on the election. Only a few months ago, the Dems were singing songs of praise to Comey now not so much. Clinton will probably revive her 'vast right wing conspiracy' tactic.

Now I wonder if Comey's actions were driven by 2 major events within the dept: 1. Investigating agents raising a mutiny over the previous non-indictment. 2. The recent revelation of the $500k "donation" ( I call it bribe) by Terry McAuliffe (long time advisor to the Clintons & current governor of Virginia) to Andrew McCabe's wife who was running for congress. He is the deputy FBI director whose team was heading up the Clinton investigation. His wife was loosing the congressional campaign (she was in 3rd place far behind the others and she gets a donation like this <_< ) Perhaps Comey is trying to come clean after all of this.

Guys, don't get me wrong - I also think Trump is equally despicable and should never had been nominated. However, neither side should justify the actions of their favorite candidate. We need to be honest with both candidates.

This election is a dumpster fire and these candidates are the 2 worse candidates possible. As polarizing as Obama and GWB were/are to the other side - they both would have been more desirable then these current candidates. Give me Al Gore, Give me John Kerry, John McCain, Mitt Romney - all of these guys are much more desirable than these 2. This is an indictment on our political process. Note sure what fixes this mess. We need some real statesmen from both parties to step up in Congress and within party leadership to work out a process that can improve the election process. If that means changing campaign donation laws, shorten the election cycle, raise the salary of the president to attract more desirable candidates - I'm all for it.

I think we should remove corporate and union money from the elections process, shorten the election process to 8 months max. For the primaries, divide the country into 8 regions and have one state from each region vote at a time. Have 7 primary voting dates - 2 weeks apart (with the 2 largest states, CA and Texas, along wt Wash DC and Puerto Rico voting in the last primary. Other 48 states + these 4 = 52 voting 'states'). After each primary date the candidates wt under a certain % would be dropped from the next primary. Have the nominating conventions. Then a general election process of 2 months. The primaries should be closed to others outside the party membership. Sorry independent voters but the parties are private institutions and member values should be reflected in the outcome of the vote.

Sen. Reid basically just accused Comey of violating the Hatch act, by not releasing information about Trumps ties to Russia, but releasing information that there maybe more Clinton emails.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trey-Gowdy-Harry-Reid-Hatch-Act-Complaint/2016/10/31/id/756158/

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's letter to FBI Director James Comey, accusing him of violating the Hatch Act is "laughable," considering he didn't make similar complaints about President Barack Obama or Attorney General Loretta Lynch about their actions concerning Hillary Clinton, Rep. Trey Gowdy said Monday.

"Sen. Reid didn't write a letter to either one of them about the Hatch Act," the South Carolina Republican told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program. "I mean, President Obama is actively campaigning right now for a candidate for president, and that doesn't violate the Hatch Act. So how Jim Comey supplementing his record before Congress violates the Hatch Act is just laughable."

The Hatch Act limits political activities of federal employees, such as Comey, who is a Republican, to ensure their duties are administered in a nonpartisan fashion. However, some top executive branch officials, such as a president or vice president are exempt from the act.

Gowdy, though, refused to blame Comey for sending the letter to congressional leaders.

"There's not a single one of the facts at hand that is directly attributable to Director Comey," said Gowdy. " He didn't tell her to set up her own private email server. He did not tell her to mislead the public about whether or not she sent and received public information. He didn't tell Huma Abedin, don't turn over all your devices.

"And God knows he didn't tell Anthony Weiner to sext with an under-aged girl. None of that is Comey's fault. The timing is a direct and natural consequences and probable consequence of the decision secretary Clinton made years ago."

Reid also did not call out Lynch for her meeting with former President Bill Clinton just shortly before Comey announced his decision not to recommend charges against the Democratic presidential nominee, Gowdy noted.

Comey's letter to congressional committee chairmen on Friday, though, didn't mean he was updating lawmakers, but instead, he was "supplementing his previous testimony," Gowdy insisted Monday. The letter, he continued, was "short on substance," but "it was just a notification letter."

Guys, don't get me wrong - I also think Trump is equally despicable and should never had been nominated. However, neither side should justify the actions of their favorite candidate. We need to be honest with both candidates.

This election is a dumpster fire and these candidates are the 2 worse candidates possible. As polarizing as Obama and GWB were/are to the other side - they both would have been more desirable then these current candidates. Give me Al Gore, Give me John Kerry, John McCain, Mitt Romney - all of these guys are much more desirable than these 2. This is an indictment on our political process. Note sure what fixes this mess. We need some real statesmen from both parties to step up in Congress and within party leadership to work out a process that can improve the election process. If that means changing campaign donation laws, shorten the election cycle, raise the salary of the president to attract more desirable candidates - I'm all for it.

I think we should remove corporate and union money from the elections process, shorten the election process to 8 months max. For the primaries, divide the country into 8 regions and have one state from each region vote at a time. Have 7 primary voting dates - 2 weeks apart (with the 2 largest states, CA and Texas, along wt Wash DC and Puerto Rico voting in the last primary. Other 48 states + these 4 = 52 voting 'states'). After each primary date the candidates wt under a certain % would be dropped from the next primary. Have the nominating conventions. Then a general election process of 2 months. The primaries should be closed to others outside the party membership. Sorry independent voters but the parties are private institutions and member values should be reflected in the outcome of the vote.

I told a friend the other day that I never thought we would have two candidates that would make me wish we would just call the whole thing off and keep Obama. But...here we are.

Sen. Reid basically just accused Comey of violating the Hatch act, by not releasing information about Trumps ties to Russia, but releasing information that there maybe more Clinton emails.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trey-Gowdy-Harry-Reid-Hatch-Act-Complaint/2016/10/31/id/756158/

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's letter to FBI Director James Comey, accusing him of violating the Hatch Act is "laughable," considering he didn't make similar complaints about President Barack Obama or Attorney General Loretta Lynch about their actions concerning Hillary Clinton, Rep. Trey Gowdy said Monday.

"Sen. Reid didn't write a letter to either one of them about the Hatch Act," the South Carolina Republican told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program. "I mean, President Obama is actively campaigning right now for a candidate for president, and that doesn't violate the Hatch Act. So how Jim Comey supplementing his record before Congress violates the Hatch Act is just laughable."

The Hatch Act limits political activities of federal employees, such as Comey, who is a Republican, to ensure their duties are administered in a nonpartisan fashion. However, some top executive branch officials, such as a president or vice president are exempt from the act.

Gowdy, though, refused to blame Comey for sending the letter to congressional leaders.

"There's not a single one of the facts at hand that is directly attributable to Director Comey," said Gowdy. " He didn't tell her to set up her own private email server. He did not tell her to mislead the public about whether or not she sent and received public information. He didn't tell Huma Abedin, don't turn over all your devices.

"And God knows he didn't tell Anthony Weiner to sext with an under-aged girl. None of that is Comey's fault. The timing is a direct and natural consequences and probable consequence of the decision secretary Clinton made years ago."

Reid also did not call out Lynch for her meeting with former President Bill Clinton just shortly before Comey announced his decision not to recommend charges against the Democratic presidential nominee, Gowdy noted.

Comey's letter to congressional committee chairmen on Friday, though, didn't mean he was updating lawmakers, but instead, he was "supplementing his previous testimony," Gowdy insisted Monday. The letter, he continued, was "short on substance," but "it was just a notification letter."

Neither Lynch nor Obama violated the Hatch Act. Obama isn't covered and Lynch hasn't done anything partisan.

That's a weird article.

Newsmax. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fire 3

Can someone provide me with a cliff notes explanation on this entire email scandal? My head hurts trying to make non-partisan sense of any of it.

Same. I also don't understand why it's back in the news again. Sounds like a long shot that there is any new information the way I'm interpreting this.

Can someone provide me with a cliff notes explanation on this entire email scandal? My head hurts trying to make non-partisan sense of any of it.

Same. I also don't understand why it's back in the news again. Sounds like a long shot that there is any new information the way I'm interpreting this.

This is a lot of reading: https://www.lawfareblog.com/james-comey-hillary-clinton-and-email-investigation-guide-perplexed

Vox has a set of cards on the whole thing: http://www.vox.com/cards/hillary-clinton-email-scandal