CFP Rankings

We could actually fall out pretty good since the first cfp rankings will be based off the current perception of best teams, not really tied to the AP/coaches polls.

I think a room full of people discussing who the best teams are currently will have Nebraska right up there. Not really seeing anyone in the 5-25 range we can't compete against

My guess is we'll probably be on the lower end of what we think. We've been higher in the polls but none of the computers (that I've seen) like us very much. And now with a loss and without a really good win - though Northwestern and Wyoming are getting better all the time - I think we'll be in the 13-15 range.

Obviously the four undefeated teams (Alabama, Michigan, Clemson & Washington) will be on top and it will be interesting to see what they do with Western Michigan. I would expect Ohio State, Louisville, Texas A&M and Florida (one-loss teams) right behind the top four. Thinking two-loss Auburn, LSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Florida State probably next in line. That's 13 plus WMU. We might be ahead of one or two of that last group but there also might be another team or two ahead of us (WMU, Virginia Tech, Colorado, Washington State).

What Nebraska has going for it in terms of rankings is that our fall from the ranks of the undefeated was the only one that came at the hands of another ranked team. #8 Baylor lost to 3-4 Texas, #10 West Virginia lost to unranked Oklahoma State, and #12 Boise State lost to unranked Wyoming.

The Top 6 will remain the same: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, Louisville and Ohio State. Maybe Louisville and Ohio State switch spots. A&M jumps to #7 and I think Wisconsin slides into #8. #12 Florida State and #13 Boise State lost, and I have hard time imagining the pollsters jumping #14 Florida (whose schedule might be just as "laughably easy" as Nebraska's--they've played 1 ranked team all year, soon to be unranked Tennessee and lost) ahead of Nebraska. Auburn has a case and they might take the #9 spot. At worst, Nebraska falls to #10 as they head to Columbus.

• Fire 1

My guess is we'll probably be on the lower end of what we think. We've been higher in the polls but none of the computers (that I've seen) like us very much. And now with a loss and without a really good win - though Northwestern and Wyoming are getting better all the time - I think we'll be in the 13-15 range.

Obviously the four undefeated teams (Alabama, Michigan, Clemson & Washington) will be on top and it will be interesting to see what they do with Western Michigan. I would expect Ohio State, Louisville, Texas A&M and Florida (one-loss teams) right behind the top four. Thinking two-loss Auburn, LSU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Florida State probably next in line. That's 13 plus WMU. We might be ahead of one or two of that last group but there also might be another team or two ahead of us (WMU, Virginia Tech, Colorado, Washington State).

Florida State has 3 losses.

What Nebraska has going for it in terms of rankings is that our fall from the ranks of the undefeated was the only one that came at the hands of another ranked team. #8 Baylor lost to 3-4 Texas, #10 West Virginia lost to unranked Oklahoma State, and #12 Boise State lost to unranked Wyoming.

The Top 6 will remain the same: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, Louisville and Ohio State. Maybe Louisville and Ohio State switch spots. A&M jumps to #7 and I think Wisconsin slides into #8. #12 Florida State and #13 Boise State lost, and I have hard time imagining the pollsters jumping #14 Florida (whose schedule might be just as "laughably easy" as Nebraska's--they've played 1 ranked team all year, soon to be unranked Tennessee and lost) ahead of Nebraska. Auburn has a case and they might take the #9 spot. At worst, Nebraska falls to #10 as they head to Columbus.

This is my thinking as well. I would think Wisconsin would be in the top 10, and the fact that we went toe to toe with them, I would expect that we wouldn't be too far behind them. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we are in the 20 range

After taking a look at the polls now I think we stay in or right around the top ten. There just aren't alot of teams out there that have a case they should be above us realistically

Top 6 should stay. A&M, Wisconsin should definitely be ahead of us. Auburn, Florida, LSU and Western Michigan are the only programs with even a chance to jump us and two of those schools have 2 losses.

• Fire 1