OSU Spread

I would not be shocked if OSU wins this game handily. I *hope* the Buckeyes are as vulnerable as they've looked, but if recent history's a guide these might be more like speed bumps en route to another sterling season under Coach Meyer.

They'll be working through their issues and getting better. They should be the best opponent NU has faced this year. If NU is a for real Top 10 team, they won't fold, though, and it'll be a contest.

While I think it is certainly possible we play well enough to even win, I would say, if we stay within 21 we'll be doing well. If we played 10 times, the average Ohio marin of victory would be around 18. Our offense is just not functioning at a very high level right now. I think three weeks ago, we could stay within about 13 or so but now we are not playing well enough in my view. Too many injuries and we are too predictable and have apparently run out of new ways to move the ball and score. I still feel we might win once in ten tries. They are better than Wisconsin by a couple scores or more and we played them as well as we can reasonably expect and fell short by 6. One can't argue we deserved to win although we played well enough to win with just a little bit more help from the refs. I recall Wisconsin having only about 1 or 2 penalties for not much effect on the game. We should have had a couple pass interference and holdings as well which would have really helped our cause.

The large spread could be due to expectations that Meyer will not let off the gas if they get us down in order to impress the playoff committee. They didn't do a good job of impressing last week against NW and I would think results against common opponents would indicate a closer game. Night game at home could be another factor.

I'd say the final number settling at roughly Ohio State -11 is about right.

We're starting to see that same mistake-riddled Tommy come out again down the stretch. That's your point spread, right there. If he doesn't throw those two INTs, we win that game against Wisconsin, most likely.

Langsdorf *has to* find some kind of a way to force him into only having short routes to choose from. Even on the second INT where the ball ricocheted off of a defensive lineman, he was throwing into double (if not triple) coverage, if memory serves.

I don't see us having any real chance of beating Ohio State if we're not getting the better of the turnover margin.

Almost every pass play has to show some sign of at least one receiver going vertical - if not the defense will sit on the receivers and then jump routes. TA needs to be told and then he needs to remember to avoid the deep ball unless it is clearly open. Based on MR presser it sounds like this has been discussed and looks pretty good in practice, however as we all know the speed of game time situations will tend to send people back to what they are comfortable with. It is looking more and more that MR and DL are happy to have a competitor at QB, however are counting the days until they can get a better decision maker into the spot.

• Fire 1