Friday night games coming

You know...this might not be a bad idea for a bump in attendance for some schools.

Much easier to get students to a game at Illinois, Purdue, Indiana and so on, on a Friday night. They can still go home on Saturday if they want...they can still go out and party after the game Friday night, I think it might help them get butts in the seats.

You know...this might not be a bad idea for a bump in attendance for some schools.

Much easier to get students to a game at Illinois, Purdue, Indiana and so on, on a Friday night. They can still go home on Saturday if they want...they can still go out and party after the game Friday night, I think it might help them get butts in the seats.

I agree that this is a great idea for the lesser teams in the conference. It gets them on National TV during prime time, and could get a similar attendance they would get on Saturdays.

Here is the deal...if I am at Illinois and we have a Friday night game, (not sure if these are non-conference or conference games) but it makes it a heck of a lot easier to attend class, come home and chill, do some tailgating, head to the game, be done with the game by 10pm and have the party start up around that time, which is when most of the fun starts in college as it is.

This actually makes it an event as opposed to a burden.