Recruiting Website #PickNebraska

BIG ERN

If people didn't see my post a few days ago in the BS forum - I put together a website for recruits to check out who haven't visited or heard much about Nebraska. I would really like to hear feedback from everyone on what things you like and some stuff you would like to see added or changed. I threw together rather quickly

Also, ask about donating to keep the running of the site and other recruiting programs. You can gain name/business recognition on the site and at the University which we are currently working on.

Give a Twitter follow, post to other boards - spread the word!

http://www.picknebraska.com

#GBR

• Fire 1

It has a great look to it and informative I really like it! Only thing I might add is a little information about the Lincoln area as well but not necessary you did a great job

agreed. I think outside of kids from the state view Lincoln as surrounded by corn fields probably pretty similar to Ames or something of that nature.

Should probably ask the mods for permission to essentially advertise your own thing here.

Should also probably see if the University already has something like this that exists, as I'd expect they do.

Yes. I think the site looks great but since you're unofficial and I'm assuming don't have the rights to use any of the photos, you need to make it absolutely clear that you're not affiliated with the university or the athletic department.

I mean, if I was a jackass secret employee for another Big 10 team I could make this website and then give false information to any recruit who contacts me through the site/twitter.

Should probably ask the mods for permission to essentially advertise your own thing here.

Should also probably see if the University already has something like this that exists, as I'd expect they do.

Yes. I think the site looks great but since you're unofficial and I'm assuming don't have the rights to use any of the photos, you need to make it absolutely clear that you're not affiliated with the university or the athletic department.

I mean, if I was a jackass secret employee for another Big 10 team I could make this website and then give false information to any recruit who contacts me through the site/twitter.

I put a non-affiliate disclaimer at the bottom of each page

Should absolutely not include contact with recruits. Boosters (which is very loosely defined) can have no contact with recruits. It is one thing to tweet #GBR at a recruit but having a site like this and having contact with a recruit through it is quite another.

• Fire 1

Definitely is a well put together site. I understand that on every page you state your not affiliated with UNL, etc. but do you have permission to use the UNL markings and logo? I see that you have a donor page. People are going to think that they are donating to the University or Athletic Department.

I understand you have a passion for web design and the Huskers, but there are so many NCAA rules and regulations that I think a site like this is a bad idea, unless it's used in conjunction with the University and the Athletic Department. You can probably try to work through those avenues and show them your site, but I wouldn't be making this public and tweeting it out to potential recruits.