***Official Ohio State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I am a big Ohio State fan. Here is my take. Ohio State's receivers have generally been poor this year -- they have been unable to break free deep. The offensive line has been mediocre. The defense is very talented, but young and susceptible to big plays. Have no idea how OSU is a 17 point favorite. Opposing defenses have been able to focus on the run and short passing and OSU has not been able to hit the home run, meaning OSU's offense is moderately good (mainly because of the way Barrett manages the game). Mike Weber is a very good runner playing behind a so-so line that could improve over the course of the year because their two tackles are both first year starters.

Unless OSU can start hitting the long ball, they would have no chance against Alabama, and right now I would peg them as 8 point underdogs to Michigan. Would add that Malik Hooker is an amazing safety, who is very fast, a ball hawk and a hard hitter.

In any event, I would peg OSU as maybe a 3-5 point favorite over Nebraska. I, and most OSU fans, would not be the least bit surprised to lose this game. OSU lost to PSU and barely beat Northwestern. OSU is a work in progress that can be taken. (I really hope not though)

• Fire 1

I've been pretty optimistic headed into this game. Last week actually gave me a little confidence in that I didn't believe we could win both games.

Woke up today with a bad feeling that the wheels come off today. Good thing I'm not a player and am just a fickle fan.

Somebody talk me off the ledge here....

Bo Pelini isn't our coach. We aren't playing with pressure, Ohio State is. All of our goals are still in tact currently.

I've been pretty optimistic headed into this game. Last week actually gave me a little confidence in that I didn't believe we could win both games.

Woke up today with a bad feeling that the wheels come off today. Good thing I'm not a player and am just a fickle fan.

Somebody talk me off the ledge here....

Bo Pelini isn't our coach. We aren't playing with pressure, Ohio State is. All of our goals are still in tact currently.

Our pass D is solid. They have had recent trouble going long. That helps us. Put more in the box to stop the run. Hopefully try more press coverage at the LOS. Seem to recall their receivers having issues getting off the press coverage. Hit JT every time we can. Blitz to create pressure. He is smart with the ball. I'd rather him throw it away than tuck and run with the ball. They also have Beck..........

Langs needs to call more outside runs. NW and PSU hit well on those. Misdirection. Get their D going one way and counter the other. I said last week, Indiana, Purdue and Wisky, he called the worst games of the season. He regressed and TA did as well. not coincidence. We are now on week 4 with a beat up OL. Time to find a way to counter the pressure. Roll TA out. More outside zone read. More RPO. Keep OSU guessing. Carter back (I hope) will pay huge dividends on setting that edge. Cotton has made some good catches so the DC can't count him purely as blocking now. I'd turn TA loose. Let him shine on the big stage under the bright lights. Minimize his reads, go for low risk throws to move the chains.

Well it's time for TA to step up and have the game of his career. Need OC to have exceptional play calling to his strengths. Time to hit some yard plays, stretch the field, and make plays. Win or lose leave it all on the field. GBR

They have been play calling to his strengths, the problem is his weakness is between his ears. Plays are executed perfectly with the exception at the QB position. That is what makes TA so frustrating, all the talent in the world, most of it wasted because he isn't a very smart QB.

I'm conflicted. Obviously I need you all to lose for us to win the West and this is probably the last chance for that to happen but I really really hate Ohio State. Good luck tonight.

Some people were asking after you recently. They missed you.

I missed you Huskers as well. I hope everyone's been doing alright.