TA & POB

If TA is not able to go against Minnie this weekend, do we really want to put Fyfe in again?? TA was knocked out so I can't believe he will be playing. He has to at least go through the Concession Protocol.

It might be time to pull the Redshirt off POB and see what the future offers with the young kid. I am not saying we should do it, but Fyfe is so ineffective that it has to be considered. It would suck for both POB and the Huskers to pull it this late in the season, but we do have to think about tomorrow not just today.

• Fire 1

I think they have to figure out if TA will miss the next game, which I'm assuming he will, and is it possible he'd miss more than that? You don't pull a redshirt on POB to have him play one game against Minny and then get TA back for Maryland. We're too banged up and the B1G Championship just isn't realistic at this point. To put POB behind a patchwork O-line that can't defend him much is a terrible situation to put him in. I agree Fyfe isn't very good, I guess I'm not completely sure what the answer is here.

• Fire 2

I think they have to figure out if TA will miss the next game, which I'm assuming he will, and is it possible he'd miss more than that? You don't pull a redshirt on POB to have him play one game against Minny and then get TA back for Maryland. We're too banged up and the B1G Championship just isn't realistic at this point. To put POB behind a patchwork O-line that can't defend him much is a terrible situation to put him in. I agree Fyfe isn't very good, I guess I'm not completely sure what the answer is here.

The coaches should play the QB that gives the best chance to win the game, even if that means burning POB's redshirt. POB came here to play, so play him. If he's not a better QB than Fyfe at this point, that would get me worried.

Darlington
  • Fire 1

Darlington

Darlington doesn't practice at QB. He's the "emergency" QB. What makes you think he can be a competent QB and can lead NU to a win over Minnesota?

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

We didn't need anymore QBs on the roster at that point. We had Tommy, Fyfe, Bush, and Stanton all on scholly. No need to use another scholly on a guy that wasn't going to be any good since we would have had to rush to find someone.

Darlington

Darlington doesn't practice at QB. He's the "emergency" QB. What makes you think he can be a competent QB and can lead NU to a win over Minnesota?
I don't I was just being fescious, but Darlington is more athletic which would help behind our line. I'm not saying he is the answer but his skillset would maybe help us more than Fyfes given our OL situation. That being said it's Fyfe all the way if Tommy can return soon

Darlington

I don't I was just being fescious, but Darlington is more athletic which would help behind our line. I'm not saying he is the answer but his skillset would maybe help us more than Fyfes given our OL situation. That being said it's Fyfe all the way if Tommy can return soon

I don't think we have a choice BUT to go with him, but a statue QB behind this O-line does spell disaster. Sigh....

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

We didn't need anymore QBs on the roster at that point. We had Tommy, Fyfe, Bush, and Stanton all on scholly. No need to use another scholly on a guy that wasn't going to be any good since we would have had to rush to find someone.

I disagree. They had been recruiting their style of QB's all year long at Oregon State, they could have convinced one of them to come to NU. It would have been the prudent decision.