Campaign reform—What would you do?

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

This nonsense started in the summer of 2015. That means we'll be hearing about campaigns firing up in a little more than 2.5 years. Then it's another 16-18 months of dog-and-pony show nonsense.

I don't think there is any way that the campaigns ever get shortened. It would be so nice but how do we even bring about that change?

Well...just don't pay attention to them.

If no one is listening when they go campaign...they will shorten it.

The Electoral College is a good idea, but states being all or nothing makes no sense.

In what world does the response, "Give them the entire pie" make sense when one candidate beats another candidate by something like 47.4% to 47.2%?

The way Nebraska and Maine do it is the way it should be done everywhere, imo.

No. Until people suddenly become decent human beings we can't do it this way. They'll just draw little snakes on the map to disenfranchise voters. The only way it should be done this way is if districts must be straight lines and specific angles.

I'm surprised you think this is a good idea unless you don't know what gerrymandering is which wouldbe surprising considering how much I talk about it.

The Electoral College is a good idea, but states being all or nothing makes no sense.

In what world does the response, "Give them the entire pie" make sense when one candidate beats another candidate by something like 47.4% to 47.2%?

The way Nebraska and Maine do it is the way it should be done everywhere, imo.

No. Until people suddenly become decent human beings we can't do it this way. They'll just draw little snakes on the map to disenfranchise voters. The only way it should be done this way is if districts must be straight lines and specific angles.

I'm surprised you think this is a good idea unless you don't know what gerrymandering is which wouldbe surprising considering how much I talk about it.

Well, A) I am admittedly pretty ignorant about all of this and B) My suggestion kind of came with the assumed presupposition that it would also come with reform to the ability to gerrymander and manipulate the system.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

This nonsense started in the summer of 2015. That means we'll be hearing about campaigns firing up in a little more than 2.5 years. Then it's another 16-18 months of dog-and-pony show nonsense.

I don't think there is any way that the campaigns ever get shortened. It would be so nice but how do we even bring about that change?

Simple start. Completely change the primary schedule and process. Hold the conventions one month before election.

Simple steps.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Simple start. Completely change the primary schedule and process. Hold the conventions one month before election.

Simple steps.

I was thinking about this earlier. If they held the primary in September, I really think that would shorten how long we'd have to hear about this crap.

• 4 weeks later...

Some are proposing Ted Cruz for SC - just to infuriate the left! Kind of a long lasting "take that' response by Trump if he did it. I doubt he will. He'll probably go with

a traditional, strict constitutional candidate.

Isn't that Ted Cruz, though?

As much as I dislike him, isn't he pretty much Mr. Constitution?

That seems to be the case!

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

:cheers

Start in April. campaign two weeks for nomination. have a couple debates. have the primaries. No caucuses. No town halls. Everyone has primary same night. Select the winner. Campaign. Have debates. dun.

Agreed.

I'd like to see voter ID implemented to ensure only living, legal voters vote.

Have Election Day be a holiday so everyone has an opportunity to vote.

I'd happily take the day of off, but employers would have a fit.

This year was the easiest vote ever for me. Filled out an early ballot form, emailed it to the election commission, filled out my ballot on my time, dropped it off 3 weeks early on my way home from work.

Too easy.