Trump's America

zoogs

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The hyperbole about being "Benghazi on steroids" is dumb. If this is true, it sounds just about exactly like Benghazi.

Read this thread.

Yep, if true, seems just like Benghazi.  This is where I wish members of congress would do there job.  If it was important to hold hearings on Benghazi, hold hearings on Niger.

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

The hyperbole about being "Benghazi on steroids" is dumb. If this is true, it sounds just about exactly like Benghazi.

Read this thread.

That is an amazing thread. The fact that the soldier was left behind and may have been alive at the time is very sorrowful and frightful.   There better be an investigation. 

The idea that we privatize these important parts of our military is just as scary. Privatize the administrative and 'back office' stuff but not search and rescue.

• Plus1 2

I still honestly can not believe we have Nazi's marching on US soil.....and the President says nothing and concentrates on some people kneeling for the anthem due to trying to raise awareness on a problem.  

I am totally amazed at where we are at in this country.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Read this thread.

To think that this was all going down as Trump riled up the rubes about kneeling for the anthem. Unconscionable. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

What does everyone think of Obama, Bush, Biden and McCain's comments this week?  I don't think it was planned, but boy do I wish there was some coordination to try and get things rolling.

I'll wager that it was loosely planned or coordinated. I don't think they all sat down in a room together and said "Okay you do this, I'll do this" but I think they're all on the same page that this is some next level f*ckery and something needs to be done. Like you said, this may be just to get things rolling. 

16 hours ago, Dbqgolfer said:

To be honest, I haven't really given it a lot of thought. I'm sure if Mueller finds an impeachable offense, he will be more than happy to let us know.

This is a bit of a runaround. To be clear, the content of this message is everything we have seen Trump do is fine and he should remain in office. 

"I dislike Trump as much as the next guy" is a rhetorical olive branch, but really it means "I support his continued Presidency". Doesn't it? Other guys who "dislike Trump as much as the next guy": Paul Ryan. Ben Sasse. The lot.

I'm not trying to make this an attack on you specifically here, Dbq. It's more about the disconnect between the frequent, loud claims of personal distaste for Trump from people who actually basically agree with his administration and support their remaining in power. Those of us who fundamentally disagree on this point should recognize these "Hey, shucks, I don't like the guy either" pleas for what they are, and discount them accordingly.

If this is mischaracterizing your views on Trump, I apologize. But do explain, if so.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

The NRA weighs in.

Remind, what is their function, again?

Oh yeah, making people feel like victims and getting them foaming at the mouth.

Lincoln might say that he had a more ruthless response to him being elected president.

• Plus1 3