Trump's America

zoogs

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Right after the election there was a lot of talk about Trump being the next Hitler. I voted for Hillary so I didn't want Trump to win, but I pushed that aside as hyperbole and wanted to give Trump a chance to be our President. As time as gone on I see why people were so concerned. I was watching a Netflix documentary about the Trump family last night and they talked about how Fred Trump (Donalds father) told his children about a master race or class that is better than everyone and should rule the world. Trump took this to heart. Very scary to think about. It's a great documentary if you want an inside view on how Trump got to this point. 

Oh, I don't doubt it. Fred Trump was arrested at a KKK rally in 1927 & was sued by the Justice Department (along with his son) for racially discriminating against blacks in his housing properties.

If Donald J Trump himself isn't a racist, he sure looks, swims & quacks like a racist.

I always thought the Hitler comparisons were over the top, but the point was that it didn't happen overnight. Now that we've seen Trump's authoritarian impulses put on full display & the relative fealty of those he surrounds himself with, we should all take the comparison at least a little more seriously. The good news is the non-Trump appointed parts of the government seem to be holding relatively well against his more damaging initiatives.

• Plus1 3

TRAMP has an America now?  Well, if it's all those f'ing stupid old white guys and Nazis that voted for him, they are gonna all die off soon, so, so much for "Tramp's America".  The p.o.s. will be impeached within his 1st term anyway and get his sorry ass and "his America" the f#*k outta there.

Edited by Big Red Commie