Trump's America

zoogs

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, just to point out the obvious, it’s not just Trump that’s the problem. 

Trump is the problem because he said he will not sign anything that implicitly have $5.7B for a WALL

McConnell said he will not allow a vote on the House bills because it will go against Trumps demands.  

Choose your percentages on who holds the most accountability

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Schumer and Pelosi aren't exactly playing along, either.

Playing along how?  Trump said he would be proud to shut down the government if he didn't get $5.7B for a wall.  Is them "not playing along" mean they succumb to his demand without negotiation?  Which by the way, AGAIN, they passed several spending bills appropriating BILLIONS of dollars for border security.  It's not $5.7B and it's not for a "Wall".  The president didn't take the deal.  This is 100% on the president.

• Plus1 6

Again, this is not how effective government works. You can't blame Pelosi for the shut down because if you do, you're endorsing any president holding government hostage to get any legislation they want.

It doesn't matter if you're a conservative with a Republican president in the scenario. You can't endorse a power you don't want your political rival to have.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Again, this is not how effective government works. You can't blame Pelosi for the shut down because if you do, you're endorsing any president holding government hostage to get any legislation they want.

It doesn't matter if you're a conservative with a Republican president in the scenario. You can't endorse a power you don't want your political rival to have.

Yep. The president is having a temper tantrum. All we need is a few Republicans to act like adults and override the veto instead of giving in to the tantrum. They’ve decided not to do that. 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Schumer and Pelosi aren't exactly playing along, either.

The Senate passed a bill 100-0 to avert the shutdown already, then Trump threw his little tantrum. Schumer should get 0 blame here. 

Pelosi and Schumer both backed McConnell’s bill that would have kept the full government open. Then conservative pundents made fun of Trump and he decided suddenly that he wouldn’t support it. Now Republicans refuse to override his veto. 

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The Senate passed a bill 100-0 to avert the shutdown already, then Trump threw his little tantrum. Schumer should get 0 blame here. 

Pelosi and Schumer both backed McConnell’s bill that would have kept the full government open. Then conservative pundents made fun of Trump and he decided suddenly that he wouldn’t support it. Now Republicans refuse to override his veto. 

Yep. I don't think there's ever been a U.S. President so thin-skinned and easily manipulated. 

As they say: "Trump is a dumb man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man."

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

That would be awesome!  Not at all like our founders meant it all to work....  But it would be awesome, and I would love for that President to personally thank Trump and the conservative court for making it all possible :)

But then, after enjoying the current policy of 2021, I would shudder the thoughts of 2025 when it was somehow determined an emergency by the next President to round up "liberals" and make them go away....

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That would be awesome!  Not at all like our founders meant it all to work....  But it would be awesome, and I would love for that President to personally thank Trump and the conservative court for making it all possible :)

But then, after enjoying the current policy of 2021, I would shudder the thoughts of 2025 when it was somehow determined an emergency by the next President to round up "liberals" and make them go away....

We already have the current president doing this:

"I find China, frankly in many ways, to be far more honorable than cryin' Chuck and Nancy," Trump said. "I think that China is actually much easier to deal with than the opposition party."

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We already have the current president doing this:

Trump has said a lot of stupid stuff.  But, Trump has not declared a national emergency for the "rounding up of liberals" with the intent of making them go away.  

P.S.: I know this is all a "tongue in cheek" back and forth.  I just wanted to show the proper use of the "eye roll".