Repealing the ACA under Trump

Regarding importing drugs - Why can't we do with drugs what China does to us for selling cars? They require routine testing, and plant inspections by government officials at any facility that produces parts outside of China. They then issue a certificate for specific parts and require annual compliance. All of which the manufacturer and suppliers pay for in order to sell cars in China. Once shipped imported products are inspected for authenticity at the docks again.

Something something, vast government overreach.

Seems reasonable to me ZRod. I think the answer can be found in this question. How would that help protect the profits of our drug companies? You know, the profits that help buy influence in our government. And how can our FDA help protect those profits if any capable manufacturer in the world is given a shot at producing a pill for 5 cents a piece when the guys writing our laws and regulations can sell the same thing, without competition, for $10 per pill? Who will fund that re-election campaign then?

Shoot, your right. Healthcare is about profits, not the health and care of people. Plus competition is bad and doesn't drive innovation. What was I thinking...

I've been wondering how this isn't disgusting to more people. I feel like the answer is that Trump is basically a cult leader. He's created this religion and cloaked it in patriotism. His supporters feed on that and so no, they absolutely aren't going to stop believing.

• Fire 2

I've been wondering how this isn't disgusting to more people. I feel like the answer is that Trump is basically a cult leader. He's created this religion and cloaked it in patriotism. His supporters feed on that and so no, they absolutely aren't going to stop believing.

It bears repeating:

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

We can re-litigate how closely Trumpism resembles fascism. but that's still a pretty apt description of what's going on here. It's amazing how much leeway saying the right things and pressing the right buttons can buy you.

• Fire 2