Repealing the ACA under Trump

Wasn't there a thread a while back about how some poster on HB was all worried about heartbeats and loss of life and stuff?

I wonder if knocking millions of folks off healthcare registers that same concern?

• Fire 1

Not only is this a naked wealth transfer from helping poor afford care to tax cuts for the rich...

Interesting side tidbit:

I hate to break it to Ms Glenn but these Republican members of Congress do not give a flying f#*k about kids. And I would go so far as to say they care even less about ones that need special education

the republicans are actually going to kill millions of americans with this bill. maybe they are not pointing the guns and pulling the triggers. but by making healthcare impossible for millions of our poorest and sickest it is condemning them to the same certain ending. congrats Trump. making america great again by killing off the old, the sick, and the poor.

• Fire 4

So, what are the realistic odds that this Trumpcare ever sees the light of day? It's been a major dog fight to pass the House, where gerrymandering has reared it's ugly head and kept and added Rs to the House. That's not an issue in the Senate. While it's a major struggle to pass the House, it's going to be even harder to pass the Senate, isn't it? I mean, I get politics is a dirty dirty game, but really, this has no shot of ever being a legit law, does it?

So, what are the realistic odds that this Trumpcare ever sees the light of day? It's been a major dog fight to pass the House, where gerrymandering has reared it's ugly head and kept and added Rs to the House. That's not an issue in the Senate. While it's a major struggle to pass the House, it's going to be even harder to pass the Senate, isn't it? I mean, I get politics is a dirty dirty game, but really, this has no shot of ever being a legit law, does it?

Normally I'd say this bill has zero chance of passing the Senate in its current form. But unfortunately, we're in a whole new realm where anything's possible.