Repealing the ACA under Trump

I know such a thing doesn't exist, but could I get an objective report of what is so bad about the AHCA?

Like, does anyone know of a website that breaks down: Benefits of ObamaCare, Shortfalls of ObamaCare (some posters on here will tell me there weren't any :P ), Benefits of the AHCA, and Shortfalls of the AHCA?

Before you jump on me, I honestly haven't been paying attention to what's going on, so I'm just looking to understand before I form my opinion. :)

I know such a thing doesn't exist, but could I get an objective report of what is so bad about the AHCA?

Like, does anyone know of a website that breaks down: Benefits of ObamaCare, Shortfalls of ObamaCare (some posters on here will tell me there weren't any :P ), Benefits of the AHCA, and Shortfalls of the AHCA?

Before you jump on me, I honestly haven't been paying attention to what's going on, so I'm just looking to understand before I form my opinion. :)

See Post #793

Shortfalls of ObamaCare (some posters on here will tell me there weren't any :P )

Not one person on this site would tell you that. It needs major overhauls, and if you read any of the healthcare threads, you'd know where people stand on this. I know it's a drag reading all of this stuff, but this is going to impact you or someone you love, and you should know about it.

See Post #793

Shortfalls of ObamaCare (some posters on here will tell me there weren't any :P )

Not one person on this site would tell you that. It needs major overhauls, and if you read any of the healthcare threads, you'd know where people stand on this. I know it's a drag reading all of this stuff, but this is going to impact you or someone you love, and you should know about it.

To be honest, I come from a (typically) very healthy family. I had two family members diagnosed with two different cancers in the last two weeks, so I've been busy with a lot of that. Figure it's about time I start figuring out what all of this means.

Knapplc's link above and the Congressional Budget Office Analysis is a great place to start. Educate yourself, because this is a damn shame.

• Fire 2

See Post #793

Come on now, that is the most one-sided view of things you could possibly find. I'm seriously interested in understanding the pros and cons of each without partisan slants (which, I don't even know if it's possible to find anymore)

See Post #793

To be honest, I come from a (typically) very healthy family. I had two family members diagnosed with two different cancers in the last two weeks, so I've been busy with a lot of that. Figure it's about time I start figuring out what all of this means.

I've lost all four grandparents, my mom, and nearly my wife to cancer. It is an awful, awful thing to go through. It is financially life-changing, as you may have found out.

I know we don't agree on political stuff, but from the bottom of my heart, I hope everything is OK with your family. It is a big fight. Good luck to you all.

Here's a really brief side-by-side breakdown of the two bills. Neither is good, but Obamacare is definitely better for more Americans. Despite that, if it is going to survive as a law it needs to majorly be reworked.

• Fire 2

See Post #793

I've lost all four grandparents, my mom, and nearly my wife to cancer. It is an awful, awful thing to go through. It is financially life-changing, as you may have found out.

I know we don't agree on political stuff, but from the bottom of my heart, I hope everything is OK with your family. It is a big fight. Good luck to you all.

Here's a really brief side-by-side breakdown of the two bills. Neither is good, but Obamacare is definitely better for more Americans. Despite that, if it is going to survive as a law it needs to majorly be reworked.

Well, haven't found out yet... but I'm sure we're about to. Thanks for the kind words.

I like that breakdown, that is helpful. Thumbs up

• Fire 1

Come on now, that is the most one-sided view of things you could possibly find. I'm seriously interested in understanding the pros and cons of each without partisan slants (which, I don't even know if it's possible to find anymore)

Good luck! :thumbs

• Fire 1

All this drama and still neither party has addressed the actual cost of healthcare.

Pathetic.

Well of course not, doing that wouldn't benefit these people personally, it would do the opposite. Lower cost is bad for business (apparently, truthfully I think getting medical cost down to a real and non inflated level and actually trying to help the costumer could help them in the long run, but what do I know)