Repealing the ACA under Trump

They can't help it when what they really feel and think slips out sometimes.

I hope they keep it up - this sort of flagrant, offensive interview on national tv is what his consitutients and the nation needs to see in order to see what is happening in real time. He is defending taking away healthcare for those who aren't healthy. WTH.

• Fire 1

I have a feeling tomorrow's Loyalty Day will be no different than the ones we've "celebrated" for the past 50 some years. I.e.: Most people will have no idea it is Loyalty Day and continue to make May Day baskets in school....

Ha. I learned something today. I literally have never heard of loyalty day before today.....and I'm 53. Googled it after reading your post. So I'd venture to say you're right, most people have no idea what it is.

Our government and politicians sure haven't earned any loyalty. Who/What is it we're supposed to be loyal to?

• Fire 1

I have a feeling tomorrow's Loyalty Day will be no different than the ones we've "celebrated" for the past 50 some years. I.e.: Most people will have no idea it is Loyalty Day and continue to make May Day baskets in school....

Ha. I learned something today. I literally have never heard of loyalty day before today.....and I'm 53. Googled it after reading your post. So I'd venture to say you're right, most people have no idea what it is.

Our government and politicians sure haven't earned any loyalty. Who/What is it we're supposed to be loyal to?

x2. I had no idea either.

Definitely worth a watch. Video is a bit on the longer side, but it's a very good message.

I now know how deep Republicans have control of everything in central Nebraska.

We always watch this show after the news. But, last night, right when he started his monologue, the station went out so we didn't watch it.

After watching it now, it's emotional for me since I was in the same situation as him when our second child was born. She ended up in intensive care for a week and is perfectly fine now.

Anyway....glad he shared this. Wish I could have listened to it live.

• Fire 3

Believe it or not, we say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at the end of first period. Ironically, on Loyalty Day, no one ever "chimed" in over the intercom to recite the Pledge. And no one cared one way or the other.

However, I did spend the rest of the morning trying to figure out if our secretary hated Trump, or was just busy...

For those interested:

A great, simple read on why allowing states flexibility to waiver certain EHBs combined with the mythical sale across state lines could cripple EHB protection and caps on annual/lifetime spending limits for EVERYONE:

Their attempt to veer in a conservative direction on healthcare could ultimately prove to be very shortsighted. But that depends upon what their parameters for success are.

The Trump Administration could, of course, seek to avoid the outcome described above by stripping large employer plans of the ability to choose among different states’ essential health benefit definitions when determining the scope of these protections against catastrophic costs. However, in light of the administration’s directive that agencies provide maximum regulatory flexibility when implementing ACA provisions, it is far from clear that the administration would choose to do so. In fact, given the President’s strong and consistent support for allowing the sale of insurance coverage across state lines, it seems more likely that the administration would look for additional opportunities to give plans a choice among state standards. Thus, the most likely outcome is that any state’s waiver of essential health benefits under the MacArthur Amendment would weaken the ACA’s guarantee of protection against catastrophic costs for people working for large employers in every state.