What did we learn? Minnesota edition

NUance

I wasn't able to watch the game until today because I was in Clemson on Saturday to watch them lose their first home game since 2013....which all my Clemson friends are blaming the loss on me, and not for the fact that the Tigers only ran for 50 yards against Pitt. So if you guys liked the chaos on Saturday night, "you're welcome" for being the reason the first big domino of a chaotic night dropped. Anyways here are my thoughts on the Huskers.

think you can make it to an alabama game this year?

• Fire 2

The team can bounce back after getting owned vs Ohio State.

We are at 8 total wins this year, which we all would have loved to have last year at this point.

We are still in contention to win the division, which again we all would have loved to have last year at this point.

We hung on and beat a tough Minnesota team.

I sure hope POB is as good as he is hyped.

• Fire 1

TA is the man.

Read should split his money up and give it to the othe other assistant coaches.

Newby is our best back

We missed dj foster this season

CC still doesn't get enough touches.

Banderas is as good as any MLB in the conference

JP has exceeded expectations on and off the field. Maybe the best hire MR has made.

Memorial Stadium is Turning into a place where teams won't want to play. Especially at night.

Screen game is still feast or famine, but it is starting to come on

No, please do not go to an Alabama game. We really do not need to see them pissed off.

As much as I really do not like the way Bama operates, you can not help but be impressed with what Saben has built.

I always think there is a chance, we think teams are better than they are, but this Bama team, may just be the best ever. Them having all the great players and a mobile QB is absolutely frightening.

I learned that you don't have to be lonely at Farmer's Only dot com.

No, you don't learn that until you go to Kinnick. Every couple at Kinnick met there.

Well, technically yes, but they drove there together.

Because they live together.

Because they're blood relatives.

• Fire 1

Analysis time.

We pay $450K a year for illegal formations, -2 yard punts, and no blocking effort whatsoever. Fire him.

Minnesota has a talent loaded offense, and last night was no exception. Our defense had many problems last night. Our run defense performed decent compared to what was expected, as Minnesota's run game is good. Our secondary was awful in the first half, then better with some still-awful spots in the second. Too many men left wide open, and I noticed on one crucial 3rd down Chris Jones was standing behind the receiver on a very good pass, accepting the fact that it would be caught for a 1st down and just tackling him. That should not happen. Sticking with 3rd downs, just wow. Our 3rd down defense in the standings is down there with Maryland, Rutgers, and Michigan State. I'm not saying "Fire Banker," but that definitely needs to be worked on soon.

Playcalling yesterday was questionable in some areas, such as passing on 3rd and 1 in the red zone, but definitely improved from the past 3-4 games. I also like the inclusion of screens, which I thought Tommy executed well for the most part. And look at Newby being our star RB. I still don't like the fact that we use him up the middle, but Minnesota clearly has a not-so-good up the middle defense.

Glad to have our offensive line back. Definitely made a huge difference.

Who's ready to get a reliable backup QB next year? :hellloooo

Might need to concentrate on who the starter is first. :)