What did we learn? Maryland edition

NUance

-Bruce Reed continues to be the questionable member of the staff.

-"Hawk" was the most entertaining color commentator I have heard in a while. Specifically him continually disagreeing with his colleague was hilarious.

-We spotted them two free mulligans on picks.

-My biggest takeaway was the rhythm the offense seemed to have the first three quarters. Langsford really seemed to come into the game with a myriad of plays and formations that suited Fyfe and his style. It made me wonder if this is a preview of the offense we will see next year once Tommy has moved on?

• Fire 2

Still can't close a game out.

Fyfe did his job today and with a run heavy game plan he can be effective.

We are going to miss Westy.

We are going to miss Cethan Carter more.

A win is a win and we're one step closer to a double digit win regular season.

Outside of Ohio state, I don't have an idea of our typical run/pass splits, but we were 45/37 today, not sure I would necessarily call that "run heavy"

I'm not sure of your math. Was the remaining 18% punts?

45 runs and 37 passes.

About 55/45 runs by percentage

That Westy and Gerry are 2 guys that will be greatly missed next year. Westy's ability to catch the ball still amazes me - if it is near him - it is a reception.

Very true. Westy's ability to catch most everything thrown his way will serve him well at the next level.

Gerry is a beast in run support, comes down hill and has some good ball hawking skills. Now catching those balls.......

He's one pick away from tying the record for most interceptions in school history.

• Fire 1

That Westy and Gerry are 2 guys that will be greatly missed next year. Westy's ability to catch the ball still amazes me - if it is near him - it is a reception.

Very true. Westy's ability to catch most everything thrown his way will serve him well at the next level.

Gerry is a beast in run support, comes down hill and has some good ball hawking skills. Now catching those balls.......

He's one pick away from tying the record for most interceptions in school history.

and he had it in his hands. Arrggghhhh

Still can't close a game out.

Fyfe did his job today and with a run heavy game plan he can be effective.

We are going to miss Westy.

We are going to miss Cethan Carter more.

A win is a win and we're one step closer to a double digit win regular season.

Outside of Ohio state, I don't have an idea of our typical run/pass splits, but we were 45/37 today, not sure I would necessarily call that "run heavy"

Not only that, I believe we had 30 or 40 yards more passing then running.

Great way for the seniors to go out - undefeated at home.

Bruce Reed is the gift that keeps on giving.

Maryland is horrible.

When we call intelligent pass plays, even our backup can complete passes.

Newby would be a best for an outside zone team.

Wait...I thought that was Herpes?

• Fire 1

-Bruce Reed continues to be the questionable member of the staff.

-"Hawk" was the most entertaining color commentator I have heard in a while. Specifically him continually disagreeing with his colleague was hilarious.

-We spotted them two free mulligans on picks.

-My biggest takeaway was the rhythm the offense seemed to have the first three quarters. Langsford really seemed to come into the game with a myriad of plays and formations that suited Fyfe and his style. It made me wonder if this is a preview of the offense we will see next year once Tommy has moved on?

I hated to watch it streaming, but they were a good and played off of one another very well.

Westy = Boss

Newby played solid.

Fyfe got it done...good job as game was never in question.

FoFiddy solidified why he will be gone after this season. How this guy can continue to get worse amazes me. There is SO MUCH MORE we can do with that staff position.

Maryland was one of the worst teams I have watched this year.

I was a bit concerned about Hawkins announcing this game...but he surprised me and gave lots of props to us. "RPO, dude...RPO!!!" Hawk >>>>> Cunningham

At Iowa is a nail biter and last possession wins or loses it.

Great way for the seniors to go out - undefeated at home.

Bruce Reed is the gift that keeps on giving.

Maryland is horrible.

When we call intelligent pass plays, even our backup can complete passes.

Newby would be a best for an outside zone team.

Wait...I thought that was Herpes?

They are about equal in desirability.

I'm telling you, Minnisota CAN beat Wisconsin. Legit upset alert.

What's really crazy is if that happens and we ..... lose to Iowa ..... there is a four-way tie for the West.

Fyfe's going to scramble for 300+ yards and throw for 200 more and we're going to KICK THEIR ARSES