Ryker Fyfe Broken Wrist - Armstrong still out...

I'm thinking hand-offs with Ryker's left hand will be difficult. Any runs to the right side of the offense will hurt like a mother.

Great point. Didn't even think about handing off the ball, with a broken wrist that he just had surgery on Sunday......... Imagine the pain when he hands off.

But that's precisely why God invented Cortisone.

I really wish we had better QB recruiting over the last few years.

We've had great quarterback recruiting. We just haven't had them pan out, for whatever reason(s).

Great is a pretty generous way to describe our QB recruiting up until last year. I would say average at best.

Recruiting is measurable by results, and by that token it's been 8 years of 2 guys basically accounting for pretty good QB play with almost no real depth behind them.

We've had great quarterback recruiting. We just haven't had them pan out, for whatever reason(s).

Great is a pretty generous way to describe our QB recruiting up until last year. I would say average at best.

Recruiting is measurable by results, and by that token it's been 8 years of 2 guys basically accounting for pretty good QB play with almost no real depth behind them.

Recruiting is measured by recruiting results, in which case I'm entirely comfortable calling it great.

Tommy Armstrong Jr, Johnny Stanton, and Zack Darlington were all very highly regarded and were our #1 picks on top of our board.

• Fire 1

Recruiting is measured by recruiting results, in which case I'm entirely comfortable calling it great.

Tommy Armstrong Jr, Johnny Stanton, and Zack Darlington were all very highly regarded and were our #1 picks on top of our board.

Yep. Had plenty of depth a couple years ago.

Tommy would be half of the 8yrs, Stanton fizzled under 2 staffs and transfered and Darlington was never going to be a starter regardless where he went because of injuries and we knew that before he graduated HS.

If you wanna measure it solely off of rankings before those players ever take the field then, sure.....our QB recruiting was just ACES!

• Fire 1

People are being weird again.

How good you are at recruiting is not determined solely by the production of those players after their recruitment. It's possible for a coach to be great at recruiting and be awful at coaching. There's a reason not all true freshmen 5-stars make it out on the field. Most recruits, even the really good ones, need development from college coaches in order to produce results.

• Fire 1

Tommy would be half of the 8yrs, Stanton fizzled under 2 staffs and transfered and Darlington was never going to be a starter regardless where he went because of injuries and we knew that before he graduated HS.

If you wanna measure it solely off of rankings before those players ever take the field then, sure.....our QB recruiting was just ACES!

And you call this "great"???

Cody Green - transferred who saw some action and wasn't great

Johnny Stanton - transferred who never played a down

AJ Bush - transferred who never played a down

Brion Carnes - transferred who never played a down

Those who stayed

Tyson Broekemeier - walk on never played

Ryker Fyfe - walk on made some starts never really progressed and played one good game

Zac Darlington - scholarship who never played a down at QB.