Ryker Fyfe Broken Wrist - Armstrong still out...

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.

That's inept coaching. My 2 cents. Not interested in arguing about it.

Spot on. Dual threat Quarterbacks are not valued by this staff. They ran off both Bush and Stanton.

• Fire 1

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.

Spot on. Dual-threat Quarterbacks are not valued by this staff. They ran off both Bush and Stanton.

That must be why they have been trying to recruit dual-threat qbs...

Spot on. Dual threat Quarterbacks are not valued by this staff. They ran off both Bush and Stanton.

It's getting more funny now.

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.That's inept coaching. My 2 cents. Not interested in arguing about it.

Spot on. Dual-threat Quarterbacks are not valued by this staff. They ran off both Bush and Stanton.

I didn't realize Gebbia is a Dual Threat QB. Good to know.

With Darlington's concussion history, AJ Bush should've been prepared to play as a potential #2. Instead, he's basically shown the door.That's inept coaching. My 2 cents. Not interested in arguing about it.

I FOUND HIM YOU GUYS!!!!!! LOOK IT'S WALDO!

I really wish we had better QB recruiting over the last few years.

We've had great quarterback recruiting. We just haven't had them pan out, for whatever reason(s).

Great is a pretty generous way to describe our QB recruiting up until last year. I would say average at best.

Recruiting is measurable by results, and by that token it's been 8 years of 2 guys basically accounting for pretty good QB play with almost no real depth behind them.

Recruiting is measured by recruiting results, in which case I'm entirely comfortable calling it great.

Tommy Armstrong Jr, Johnny Stanton, and Zack Darlington were all very highly regarded and were our #1 picks on top of our board.

Tommy was a 5.7 3 star according to rivals with offers from Oregon and Ucla.

Stanton was a 5.7 3 star with offers from Oregon and Wisconsin.

Darlington was a 5.5 3 star with offers from Ohio State and West Virginia.

Part of recruiting is identifying difference makers. You say they were our top QB choice, but should they have been? "Great recruiting" is identifying difference makers (top level talent) and landing them. I'm not so sure these were top level talent guys, except Stanton.

Calabasas updated stats!

QB @tgeb13 220 of 309, 3510 yds, 71% comp., 40 TD's, 6 ints, 140.2 QBR,

250 yds rushing, 7 TD's, 5 yds per carry!

• Fire 1

Gebbia could be the guy......supposed to be a good passer.

A lot of QBs are high school dual threats. When they get to the college level they realize that one of the threats -- typically passing -- is not as big a threat as the other. At which point they're not so dual-threaty.

Stanton has been injured this season, but when allowed to start at UNLV he has proved to be a decent runner and a pretty bad passer in a system designed for him and facing defenses far less ferocious than the Big 10.

I wish him luck but hardly think Nebraska made a terrible mistake letting him go.

A.J. Bush wasn't likely to see the field this year and wanted a chance elsewhere. Bush and the Staff handled the situation appropriately.

A lot of QBs are high school dual threats. When they get to the college level they realize that one of the threats -- typically passing -- is not as big a threat as the other. At which point they're not so dual-threaty.

Stanton has been injured this season, but when allowed to start at UNLV he has proved to be a decent runner and a pretty bad passer in a system designed for him and facing defenses far less ferocious than the Big 10.

I wish him luck but hardly think Nebraska made a terrible mistake letting him go.

A.J. Bush wasn't likely to see the field this year and wanted a chance elsewhere. Bush and the Staff handled the situation appropriately.

Insert any high school position. Thats the issue with recruiting. Sometimes great ones pan out and some times they don't. Some times the diamond in the rough rises to the top. Its crap shoot. Unfortunately, it looks like some teams seem to have had better luck than us in getting more college "ready" kids in their ranks.

Did anyone know that last years Nebraska QB Tommy Armstrong did something unprecedented in College football history?

In back to back games, he was the MVP for Iowa in their game against the Huskers, and the MVP in their Bowl game too.

BTW,

How is that Big 10 conference working out for you Bugeaters?

Remember how all of you said back in the 90's how you'd kick any team in the B1G's a$$?

Curious.....how much toll do you charge to cross your bridge?

And BTW, back in the 90's we would've and did kick any Big Ten's team ass. Tell me, does Iowa yet offer football as a varsity men's sport, or are those runnerup, haven't won sh#t mediocrity celebration rings an intramural thing?

• Fire 2