Ryker Fyfe Broken Wrist - Armstrong still out...

Burning POB's redshirt would be an absolute waste. We are trying to promote competition at the QB position.

Think about this, if we burned his redshirt, he would be a soph competing against Tanner Lee. Lets say he loses (which is highly likely against a senior), he would go in to Fall 2018 as a junior. Let that sink in.

• Fire 1

Burning POB's redshirt would be an absolute waste. We are trying to promote competition at the QB position.

Think about this, if we burned his redshirt, he would be a soph competing against Tanner Lee. Lets say he loses (which is highly likely against a senior), he would go in to Fall 2018 as a junior. Let that sink in.

Tanner Lee is considered a junior eligibility wise. He was given an extra year of eligibility, so barring him leaving early for the NFL, he will be at NU through 2018.
  • Fire 1

I don't doubt they want to preserve the redshirt, and I would not say I wouldn't make the same call. However, it does stand to reason that you have to do whatever it takes to win that game. You still have a chance at a championship. I would be surprised if Tommy is out, Fyfe can't go, and Darlington is ineffective if they don't go with O'Brien in that situation. It makes me wonder some if the whole "we don't want to burn a redshirt" talk is cover for the fact that POB is not as good as those other guys right now.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I also get the "keeping the redshirt" idea. Its just a thought that has crossed my mind this week.

• Fire 1

It's not like they are in the same position where they were last year, where the Iowa game doesn't really matter. They NEED to win Friday. That being said, I have high hopes for Darlington. He's looked good the limited times I've seen him. If, however, he needs to be taken out by any means, they need to go with a real QB, which would be POB.

Of course, I hope Tommy starts and we don't worry about anything. If Tommy starts, business as usual.