It's Bowl Time!!!

eoltmer

I live in SoCal. I think it may be Huskers vs the loser of tomorrow's Utah vs Colorado game in the Holiday Bowl. If it is Huskers vs Colorado in the Holiday Bowl that could be a nice bowl game to end the season and would draw well. I'd go to that. If Huskers vs Utah...eh, not sure. I have been to all the recent Holiday Bowl appearances...crushing and shutting out Arizona was a great game, loss to Washington was a boring downer of a game, loss to USC was a loss but an entertaining game.

The Music City Bowl will be a new low for the program and it is certainly closer for the fans traveling by motorcoach tour! LOL But, I am not sure one would sell that many seats so the travel agencies (are there any left out there btw?) may not want to pre-purchase many tickets.

The Holiday Bowl is a 'been there done that' too many times to care to remember so we need to keep looking. A win over Colorado is meanngless nationally. Why take the chance of a loss?

Outback is a nice destination but we want to be careful to find a team we have a chance of competing with and NOT get blown out again. Twice a year is God's plenty of those.

Cotton Bowl vs U Texas would be good but I don't think they will qualify and their graduation rate (if they have one?) is too low probably. LOL

How about we play in the 'Snow Bowl' in Minneapolis - they have a new Dome stadium and we got a good chance of beating Minnesota again.?

I don't really care what bowl game NU ends up in or who NU plays against.

I couldn't agree more. The blowouts to Ohio State and now Iowa have taken away the enthusiasm I had at the beginning of the season and gone right out the window. No more Outback Bowl; maybe Music City or Holiday Bowl? But does it really matter? No, it doesn't.

Well said...so much for improved conditioning that was supposed to make this team tougher down the stretch. As the competition heated up our team folded. Just when you feel Nebraska has finally turned the corner you realize that NU still is only the 3rd best team in the Big Ten West. When you realize that an FBS school just beat a team you lost to by 30 points, its difficult caring about a bowl game.
I with you three.

Poor showings against teams like Purdue, Illinois and Indiana finally got up with this team. I'm tired of hearing the players say that they'll learn from said loss for only a week or two later they do the same crap.

This team has shown us from time to time that they just can't compete with teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State and then to have Iowa blow us out is inexcusable.