It's Bowl Time!!!

eoltmer

Have to admit that a 10 win season would look nice on the record books, but knowing that losing two games like we did, flaws that some.

How proud can you be of a record like that when your trounced on national tv 2x in the same month? The only thing that would make some sense is to play a good team and win for that 10th win. Play someone like Auburn, Colorado, USC, or OU in a bowl game would look better than beating someone like KSU, WVA, Washington St, etc.

So what is the best option? I think playing prestige and winning outweighs playing fluff and winning just for the sake of winning.

This team is still only a bowl game win away from something Bo pelini was never able to do. A 3 loss season. I think with the amount of games played today, keeping a season to 3 losses or less is more important than 9 or 10 wins.

Yes. Let's celebrate the fact that we didn't even make it to the CCG. Way to lower that bar.

• Fire 1

since the advent of the playoffs i don't bother watching the "other" bowl games. i might be wrong, but as a player i can't imagine that unless you get to go somewhere fun and see something unique then a bowl game is simply 4 more weeks of practice that get in the way of school and other things in their life. i realize the coaches use it as extra practice time, the school can make money, the advertisers and TV channels surely make money, but can't see a lot of incentive for the players.

This team is still only a bowl game win away from something Bo pelini was never able to do. A 3 loss season. I think with the amount of games played today, keeping a season to 3 losses or less is more important than 9 or 10 wins.

Yes. Let's celebrate the fact that we didn't even make it to the CCG. Way to lower that bar.

Yay!!!! only 3 losses!!!

I just hope we don't play Colorado or Texas in a bowl. Losing to CU might be a fitting end to this season but I really don't want that hanging over our heads for the whole off season. Utah in the Holiday Bowl is about the best prospect I see.

Colorado's QB would have 400 total yards offense against our defense.

Texas isn't going bowling.

Utah would be NU's best opportunity for a W.

I just hope we don't play Colorado or Texas in a bowl. Losing to CU might be a fitting end to this season but I really don't want that hanging over our heads for the whole off season. Utah in the Holiday Bowl is about the best prospect I see.

Colorado's QB would have 400 total yards offense against our defense.

Texas isn't going bowling.

Utah would be NU's best opportunity for a W.

I agree, CU would take us behind the woodshed. And, if Texas was a possibility, they would likely find a way to win. I don't know about our chances against Utah but at least a possible loss to them in a meaningless bowl wouldn't be quite so noticeable.

I saw no bright spots whatsoever in our game yesterday. Seems the few areas where we appeared to be on the uptick vanished and we reverted to the form of middle of last season. Players bickering, unexplainable offensive game plan, putting square pegs in round holes, soft defense, lack of will and some players choosing to run their mouths rather than letting their play do the talking. Real shitshow yesterday IMO. Not good for the last game of the season. If I had to guess, I would say this program already peaked with the new regime and is on the downhill side of things yet again.

Not sure on Outback in Tampa...someone help my thought process.

Some projections:

OSU to the playoff

Big 10 championship winner to the Rose

Michigan to at large Orange

Big 10 championship loser to???...Outback, Capital One???

That puts Huskers in Holiday Bowl in San Diego...opponent is likely Wazzu or Stanford.

I am predicting Washington beats Colorado and gets the 4th spot in the playoff. But, stranger things have happened. Clemson needs to still win...if they lose that opens another spot for the Big 10 championship winner to the playoff. If Colorado wins they get the Rose but not the playoff...this could add another playoff spot to the Big 10 Championship winner. If Alabama loses to a cruddy Florida team I think they still are in.

Not sure on Outback in Tampa...someone help my thought process.

Some projections:

OSU to the playoff

Big 10 championship winner to the Rose

Michigan to at large Orange

Big 10 championship loser to???...Outback, Capital One???

That puts Huskers in Holiday Bowl in San Diego...opponent is likely Wazzu or Stanford.

I am predicting Washington beats Colorado and gets the 4th spot in the playoff. But, stranger things have happened. Clemson needs to still win...if they lose that opens another spot for the Big 10 championship winner to the playoff. If Colorado wins they get the Rose but not the playoff...this could add another playoff spot to the Big 10 Championship winner. If Alabama loses to a cruddy Florida team I think they still are in.

I don't think OSU is a lock for the playoff. But OSU and the B1G champ will be in the Playoff and Rose in some fashion. And I think you're right that Michigan would go to the Orange.

Outback is next but can't take Wisconsin. So if Penn State wins, Nebraska would probably go there. If Wisconsin wins, possibly Penn State, but could be Nebraska.

Then Holiday bowl but supposedly no Nebraska there. That would probably leave the Music City bowl.

I'm assuming everything on this page is correct.