Adidas stock to date

gbr93

Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, OSU, ND and Penn State (even with their recent issues) seem to recruit pretty well with uniforms that do not sway from tradition. Of course, when your tradition includes winning, nothing else matters. I would love to see us back in black shoes, but I suppose that is up the AD/HC and not the vendor as black shoes are made by all of them.

Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, OSU, ND and Penn State (even with their recent issues) seem to recruit pretty well with uniforms that do not sway from tradition. Of course, when your tradition includes winning, nothing else matters. I would love to see us back in black shoes, but I suppose that is up the AD/HC and not the vendor as black shoes are made by all of them.

um...

UMFB_Uniform_ND-thumb-590x393-112001.jpg

oppositeutl_thumb2.jpg

hi-res-6897738_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

rn_i_landryjones_ms_300.jpg

541e09d22fd3a.image.jpg

alternate-uniforms.png

2011-wisc-uni.jpg

20516791-standard.jpg

71257_h.jpg

usatsi_8868123.jpg

ohio-state-buckeyes-uniform-concept-675x

CwMEzhBUEAAdUEL.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-4.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-594x356.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-3.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-7.jpg

usatsi_8942740_153192880_lowres.jpg

• Fire 2

Yeah....that is why the kids are going there. Good one. We have alternate uniforms as ugly as those. Good try though. Half of your examples are Adidas! With the exception of perhaps Oregon due to their unique marriage to Nike, kids are not flocking to any program due to the single Saturday they are sporting those digs.

1. Way to completely backpedal instead of just admitting that you were wrong.

2. Some of the pictures I linked were Adidas uniforms, but those two programs have since dropped Adidas in favor of Nike/Jordan (Michigan) and Under Armour (Notre Dame).

3. Nobody has claimed that uniforms are the reason kids go to a school. That's stupid, and a strawman you've invented to argue against. However, they do play a role.

I wasn't wrong and how does someone who spends too much time on this board know so little?? A comment was made that the flashy uniforms styles impact recruit interest. Winning impacts recruits, not uniforms.

Yeah....that is why the kids are going there. Good one. We have alternate uniforms as ugly as those. Good try though. Half of your examples are Adidas! With the exception of perhaps Oregon due to their unique marriage to Nike, kids are not flocking to any program due to the single Saturday they are sporting those digs.

1. Way to completely backpedal instead of just admitting that you were wrong.

2. Some of the pictures I linked were Adidas uniforms, but those two programs have since dropped Adidas in favor of Nike/Jordan (Michigan) and Under Armour (Notre Dame).

3. Nobody has claimed that uniforms are the reason kids go to a school. That's stupid, and a strawman you've invented to argue against. However, they do play a role.

I wasn't wrong and how does someone who spends too much time on this board know so little?? A comment was made that the flashy uniforms styles impact recruit interest. Winning impacts recruits, not uniforms.

Wrong again. What's the count now?

Claimed four blue bloods who don't break tradition with their uniforms - shown 3-4+ examples from each of non-traditional alternate uniforms.

Claimed that uniforms don't impact recruits' interest - now shown that recruits consistently and frequently explain that uniforms do matter.

Those 100 recruits were then asked a series of questions. 72 out of 100 of them believe that the statement “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team” is either “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while just 11 recruits responded “Very False”.
Perhaps most interesting is that recruits were then asked if a school’s uniform will impact their college decision – 31 responded “Very False” to that statement, while 24 said “Moderately False,” 26 said “Moderately True,” and just 7 said “Very True”.
Please, keep trying.

• 1 year later...

Washington switches from Nike to Adidas

Washington announced Tuesday it will switch its apparel partnership from Nike to Adidas, effective July 1 of next year.

Washington had been a Nike client for the past two decades, earning $3.5 million in apparel and cash per year over the past decade. The new Adidas deal will pay the school $5.275 million in cash, $5.58 million in apparel and $1.1 million in marketing per year as part of a 10-year, $119 million deal, according to Adam Jude of The Seattle Times.

“We believe this partnership will allow us to provide a new competitive edge to our coaches, student-athletes and our incredible fan base,” Washington AD Jennifer Cohen said in a statement. “As we researched adidas’ college partnerships, we were extremely impressed with their product innovation, global brand significance, and most of all the depth of service and attention they provide to their partner schools. After meeting with their leadership team, it was clear that adidas understands what makes Washington special and I believe their passion for this partnership will resonate deeply with all who call themselves Huskies.”

Washington will become the first Pac-12 North school and second Pac-12 school (Arizona State being the other) to wear Adidas. In addition to representing a raise, switching from Nike to Adidas also makes cultural sense for Washington, since the Huskies’ archrival is Nike’s poster child.

The Huskies’ football uniforms could use a refresh from the Three Stripes, as the current look has evolved into a mish mash of clashing elements. Washington’s classic “W” logo does not jive with the modern uniform font, the gold pants clash with the gold helmets and the black on the sleeves serves no apparent purpose beyond simply having black on the uniform.

• Plus1 1

The depth of service and attention they provide to their partner schools is a 100% true and legitimate reason for colleges to enjoy an Adidas partnership.

The product innovation is a lie, I think, at least as far as it relates to cfb, and global brand significance doesn't matter to a college athletics program. But good for them - they'll certainly get a lot more money.

I'm just a total sucker for the Adidas Originals logo.  I probably have 5 or 6 pairs of Adidas track pants and if I see a new pair with the Originals logo that looks pretty snazzy there is at least an 8% chance that I'll buy them knowing that I might only wear the pair twice in one year.  It's completely stupid.  

This news about Washington is both awesome and terrible for me.  UW is my 2nd favorite college team so I'm excited to see what Adidas rolls out for them.  On the other hand, I'm going to drop at least $200 on new Adidas gear with that stupid logo because I'm a total fish.