What I want to see next year...

So, what did you mean then?

Exactly what I said. Here's the gist:

I said nothing about the coaches being all knowing or us not being allowed to critique them.

I said nothing about conference titles or win totals

I said the coaches who've been coaching for a decade or more and get paid to do it are more knowledgeable than most of us here (99.9% of us I'd say)

I said that we as fans should support the coaches we have, not the coaches we don't have.

I said that we as fans should support the team we have, not the team we don't have

I said all this because there is a constant and incessant barrage of posts on this board that tear down the coaches, players, and subsequently, the football program in general. I mean, there was an entire thread about how we need to get rid of the blackshirts because we've not had (and some inferred won't have) a blackshirt worthy defense. Asinine idea in my opinion...especially after it's been only a singe year with someone who understands the tradition as a coach. These are the types of posts that need to gtfo.

It's easy to be a fan when we're firing on all cylinders and winning all the time.

It's hard to be a fan when we're not.

I don't cook professionally, but I know when something tastes good. I don't coach professionally either, but I know good coaching when I see it. I know what a good team looks like. I know what good offense and defense looks like. I haven't seen much of it from the current coaching staff, but I'm told, that's only because Riley was using Bo's players, who are not talented enough. Next year, it will be because there are too many young players on the field (and a new QB), and we just need to give them more time to develop. 2018, it'll be that the schedule was too difficult.

I don't claim to know more about football than the head coach or coordinators (I don't think anyone here is claiming that), but I know good offense and defense when I see it. The last two years I have not seen it, and honestly, I think after two decades, maybe fans are just tired of excuses? I know I am.

• Fire 3

What I want to see next year is less jaded fans posting in forums...especially considering that they are jaded because they feel entitled

....because honestly, you guys that are that way that continue to bag on players and staff...you guys really need to gtfo.

Support the team WE HAVE....not the team we don't have.

Support the staff WE HAVE...not some random idea in your mind that should be better but would fail miserably because you ate a moron sammich.

Let's try being FANS instead of armchair QB's this next year. You're not better at defensive strategy than Banker...and you're not better at offensive strategy than Langs. Stop acting like you are...it's tiresome, boring and trite.

giphy.gif

It's been 17 years since Nebraska won a conference title, and 15 years since the Huskers played in a big time bowl game.

Wanting to get out of a slump that's nearing two decades isn't remotely "entitled."

Because that's what I was referring to when saying entitled (hint: It's not). It's good when you can pick out a single specificity from a vague statement.

Then perhaps clear up your statement, because that line, followed by your supporting statements, boils down to that idea.

"You don't know more than the coaches, you're not allowed to question what's happening."

You're rarely see me bag on the players (unless they do stupid stuff ala Gerry), but the coaches are paid millions of dollars. They can handle it.

You like inferring a lot eh?...almost like you just have me figured out and know everything I'm thinking?

Didn't say either of those things.

But please do continue to put words into my mouth.

Uh...

What I want to see next year is less jaded fans posting in forums...especially considering that they are jaded because they feel entitled

....because honestly, you guys that are that way that continue to bag on players and staff...you guys really need to gtfo.

Support the staff WE HAVE...not some random idea in your mind that should be better but would fail miserably because you ate a moron sammich.

Let's try being FANS instead of armchair QB's this next year. You're not better at defensive strategy than Banker...and you're not better at offensive strategy than Langs. Stop acting like you are...it's tiresome, boring and trite.

Uh..........
Sentence 1 & 2: "Fans are negative because they are entitled, and you need to stop or leave"
Sentence 2 & 3: "Support the team, keep quiet because you don't know what you're talking about"
Sentence 4: "Cheer on the team, because the coaches know better than you, so, yeah"
  • Fire 3

giphy.gif

It's been 17 years since Nebraska won a conference title, and 15 years since the Huskers played in a big time bowl game.

Wanting to get out of a slump that's nearing two decades isn't remotely "entitled."

Because that's what I was referring to when saying entitled (hint: It's not). It's good when you can pick out a single specificity from a vague statement.

Then perhaps clear up your statement, because that line, followed by your supporting statements, boils down to that idea.

"You don't know more than the coaches, you're not allowed to question what's happening."

You're rarely see me bag on the players (unless they do stupid stuff ala Gerry), but the coaches are paid millions of dollars. They can handle it.

You like inferring a lot eh?...almost like you just have me figured out and know everything I'm thinking?

Uh...

Uh..........

Sentence 1 & 2: "Fans are negative because they are entitled, and you need to stop or leave"

Sentence 2 & 3: "Support the team, keep quiet because you don't know what you're talking about"

Sentence 4: "Cheer on the team, because the coaches know better than you, so, yeah"

Once again, all inferred by you.

Nothing about people keeping quiet. The line is about people who attack players and staff personally to gtfo.

Nothing drawing correlation between negativity and entitlement...but I did draw correlation to being jaded and entitled.

Jaded means lacking enthusiasm/wearied. I wanted to call attention that people are tired of SSDD with the program and that part of the reason they are is because they feel like the program owes them something. However, once again...fans are not negative because they are entitled...fans are lacking enthusiasm because they are entitled. Being a fan is short for fanatical...most people I see on here aren't that way.

As for the last sentence...I though that we should try being fans instead of coaches...because there are coaches that get paid to do it that know better than 99.9% of us.

You really do like to read into things don't you? You must have a heyday with tweets...I wonder how much crap you can pull out of/assign to 140 characters. My bet is you could get a novels worth out of it.... :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

• Fire 2

So, what did you mean then?

Exactly what I said. Here's the gist:

I said nothing about the coaches being all knowing or us not being allowed to critique them.

I said nothing about conference titles or win totals

I said the coaches who've been coaching for a decade or more and get paid to do it are more knowledgeable than most of us here (99.9% of us I'd say)

I said that we as fans should support the coaches we have, not the coaches we don't have.

I said that we as fans should support the team we have, not the team we don't have

I said all this because there is a constant and incessant barrage of posts on this board that tear down the coaches, players, and subsequently, the football program in general. I mean, there was an entire thread about how we need to get rid of the blackshirts because we've not had (and some inferred won't have) a blackshirt worthy defense. Asinine idea in my opinion...especially after it's been only a singe year with someone who understands the tradition as a coach. These are the types of posts that need to gtfo.

It's easy to be a fan when we're firing on all cylinders and winning all the time.

It's hard to be a fan when we're not.

I don't cook professionally, but I know when something tastes good. I don't coach professionally either, but I know good coaching when I see it. I know what a good team looks like. I know what good offense and defense looks like. I haven't seen much of it from the current coaching staff, but I'm told, that's only because Riley was using Bo's players, who are not talented enough. Next year, it will be because there are too many young players on the field (and a new QB), and we just need to give them more time to develop. 2018, it'll be that the schedule was too difficult.

I don't claim to know more about football than the head coach or coordinators (I don't think anyone here is claiming that), but I know good offense and defense when I see it. The last two years I have not seen it, and honestly, I think after two decades, maybe fans are just tired of excuses? I know I am.

The sole purpose of these people shouting gtfo and stfu is to STOP discussion of Nebraska football.

That's always been their purpose.

Stopping discussion stops responsibility and accountability... that's what they want.

Stopping discussion not only stops accountability... it's also is really bad for the business of the Nebraska football chat board industry. Lately, there's been a lot of long time fans who have come out and started commenting again. People need to vent and get their frustrations out. Nebraska football chat boards are the perfect place and would seem the natural place to vent and discuss the state of the program. It's the perfect time to encourage long time fans to start commenting and get involved again. But these people want to stop all this.

Bravo to Igetbored216 and all those who have taken on and challenged this person's poisonous comments.

• Fire 2

giphy.gif

Uh...

Uh..........

Nothing about people keeping quiet. The line is about people who attack players and staff personally to gtfo.

Nothing drawing correlation between negativity and entitlement...but I did draw correlation to being jaded and entitled.

Jaded means lacking enthusiasm/wearied. I wanted to call attention that people are tired of SSDD with the program and that part of the reason they are is because they feel like the program owes them something. However, once again...fans are not negative because they are entitled...fans are lacking enthusiasm because they are entitled. Being a fan is short for fanatical...most people I see on here aren't that way.

As for the last sentence...I though that we should try being fans instead of coaches...because there are coaches that get paid to do it that know better than 99.9% of us.

You really do like to read into things don't you? You must have a heyday with tweets...I wonder how much crap you can pull out of/assign to 140 characters. My bet is you could get a novels worth out of it.... :sarcasm:

Bold was added by me.

To quote Saunders:

I don't cook professionally, but I know when something tastes good.

If I went to a nice, expensive restaurant and was served a piece of sh#t on a plate do I have the right to complain? Can I question the chef's choices? Or would you tell me to shut up and eat that piece of sh#t because he's a professional chef that knows more about cooking than I ever will?

giphy.gif

Uh...

Uh..........

Bold was added by me.

To quote Saunders:

I don't cook professionally, but I know when something tastes good.

If I went to a nice, expensive restaurant and was served a piece of sh#t on a plate do I have the right to complain? Can I question the chef's choices? Or would you tell me to shut up and eat that piece of sh#t because he's a professional chef that knows more about cooking than I ever will?

I think I ate a piece of sh#t disquised as a sausage on my honeymoon... I didn't complain to the chef. It was my last day and I was hung over

i want to see Riley fired up and stop walking the side lines like some old grandpa! ugh............

When did firing coaches become our new conference championship to some folks?

you ever watch Saban on the side line? he is shown talking to his kids coming off the field, always coaching them up on a play.......Riley doesn't seem to do much of this? hmmm,..... maybe just the angle of the camera?

Dude you need to get some composure. Your first post in this thread, just like it is in any thread I've seen you post in such as Newby concerned threads, are very hostile to a good amount of Nebraska fans (i.e. Some of your audience). You don't have to be such an offensive flame out. (No, I'm not even going to touch upon your downward spiral in this thread.)
  • Fire 1

Dude you need to get some composure. Your first post in this thread, just like it is in any thread I've seen you post in such as Newby concerned threads, are very hostile to a good amount of Nebraska fans (i.e. Some of your audience). You don't have to be such an offensive flame out. (No, I'm not even going to touch upon your downward spiral in this thread.)

So a good amount of Nebraska fans are whiny, entitled armchair QBs? That's what Blitz is getting at.

It's good that comes across hostile to those types of fans because they frankly suck.

That being said, they have every right to voice their opinion just like I have every right to tell them where to stick said opinion.