2017 starting QB

2017 Quarterback  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if Lee only had one year, if he's the better option to win games, play him and then turn it over. College players have very short windows anyway. I don't understand the idea of placing a premium on 4-year starting. We just went through two four-year starters. Did all that early playing make them so much better in their final seasons compared to players around the country that only start one or two years?

• Fire 2

Even if Lee only had one year, if he's the better option to win games, play him and then turn it over. College players have very short windows anyway. I don't understand the idea of placing a premium on 4-year starting. We just went through two four-year starters. Did all that early playing make them so much better in their final seasons compared to players around the country that only start one or two years?

Excellent point.

Speaking for myself, the two quarterbacks I miss the most in recent Nebraska history were only short term starters: Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz. IIRC Zac started two full seasons and Joe started one full season and part of the '07 season.

• Fire 2

Plus, Lee's numbers at Tulane are eerily similar to TA at Nebraska. Not overly impressive.

He was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and set Tulane freshman passing records. Impressive even if it was at Tulane. In 2015, he played with a broken finger in his throwing hand and also missed playing time due to a concussion.

I don't think the numbers tell the whole story in his case.

Did people give Tommie the "pass" when he played with multiple injuries....or when he was a sophomore starting? If are willing to give Lee the benefit, then we better make sure that when people complain about TA, we recognize he played less than 100% many times throughout his career.

Tommy was never able to grasp the concept of the passing game. I thought this was widely known. I don't think injuries can explain the bizarre and disastrously unpredictable outcomes of his field decisions.

Then if he isn't fantastic, for the next three years you have people saying, yeah....but he's the starter because of experience.

Hey! Don't blame me! I've been after almost anyone to replace TA for a couple years. ;)

I think Tommy would have made a fantastic running back. Or a killer linebacker.

I think there's a good chance a walk on will start and be backed up by the tight end, ....the other three will transfer due to lack of talent at this level.

​Oh, sorry about that....I guess I'm being overly pessimistic at this point.

That's simply a rediculous prediction.

Hey, it's still early.....don't count our tight end out yet.

Word on the street is Luke McNitt is looking to unseat POB and Lee

yeah, uh huh.........heard that when i was standing in line at a 7-11.

Excellent point.

Speaking for myself, the two quarterbacks I miss the most in recent Nebraska history were only short term starters: Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz. IIRC Zac started two full seasons and Joe started one full season and part of the '07 season.

Not trying to derail the thread, but all I remember from that Joe Ganz offense was me wishing we had that offense paired with the 2009 defense. God that had possible national championship written all over it!

• Fire 1

Lol -- did I just read where someone said that LSU wanted Lee? LMAO that is totally untrue. He did a workout and afterwards he was told they weren't interested. They weren't impressed with neither his arm strength nor his accuracy. If you're expecting big things from Lee, you're in for a disappointment. I've seen him play about 6 or 7 times in HS and at Tulane and he is a very average QB.