2017 starting QB

2017 Quarterback  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was scout team MVP and they constintly praised .. but to my understanding POB didn't really play scout team. He took 3rd string QB reps.. so kinda misleading..

My vote is Tristan Gebbia starts day 1..

I might be the only one too. But I think mentally he just has it. Riley has started a true freshman before (turned out to be a decent QB..) his film is very good. Just needs to gain 15/20 pounds

Remember, LSU wanted Lee. He was a big get.

I agree with Tanner Lee winning the starting job, but remember LSU isn't QB university. In fact, that is what has cost Miles his job. LSU hasn't recruited very good QB's, so not sure I would use that. ha

Plus, Lee's numbers at Tulane are eerily similar to TA at Nebraska. Not overly impressive. The scout team praise is great, but not a predictor to what he can do in our offense. I want to see POB and Lee really compete this Spring. I bet Lee wins, based on the intangibles that he seems to have.

Tanner Lee.

I really really don't want another freshman starting QB.

Then if he isn't fantastic, for the next three years you have people saying, yeah....but he's the starter because of experience.

We need to get to a point where we have 3-4 good QBs in the system learning and developing knowing they have a real shot at starting their junior and senior years.

Tanner Lee.

Then if he isn't fantastic, for the next three years you have people saying, yeah....but he's the starter because of experience.

We need to get to a point where we have 3-4 good QBs in the system learning and developing knowing they have a real shot at starting their junior and senior years.

The bold needs to be true at 80% of the positions - however that doesn't happen overnight

Plus, Lee's numbers at Tulane are eerily similar to TA at Nebraska. Not overly impressive.

He was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and set Tulane freshman passing records. Impressive even if it was at Tulane. In 2015, he played with a broken finger in his throwing hand and also missed playing time due to a concussion.

I don't think the numbers tell the whole story in his case.

Tanner Lee.

The bold needs to be true at 80% of the positions - however that doesn't happen overnight

I think this is true also. I also believe it takes time to build that.