2017 starting QB

2017 Quarterback  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes/No question - did Sam Keller play really badly in those games?

Did he, for instance, throw a ton of interceptions? Did he complete 30-40% of his passes? Did he fumble a lot, take a lot of sacks, etc.? The argument being made was that he only had numbers because of garbage time, so I responded to that specific argument.

Separate yes/no question - if Tanner Lee played as good as Sam Keller did (separate the individual player from the entire offense), would people really be that mad? Mid-60's completion percentage, ~275 yards a game, 1:4 TD/INT ratio?

Did he, for instance, throw a ton of interceptions? Did he complete 30-40% of his passes? Did he fumble a lot, take a lot of sacks, etc.? The argument being made was that he only had numbers because of garbage time, so I responded to that specific argument.

Separate yes/no question - if Tanner Lee played as good as Sam Keller did (separate the individual player from the entire offense), would people really be that mad? Mid-60's completion percentage, ~275 yards a game, 1:4 TD/INT ratio?

If he had 4 times as many interceptions as TD's, yes that would suck.

I don't need stats to tell me if Keller was a good QB for Nebraska. I watched the games. He didn't pass my eye test. Yeah, he put up some good numbers against bad teams and in garbage times of blowout losses. If you want to go by fantasy football numbers, then yeah, Keller put up some good stats. But, there is more to good QB play than putting up "good" stats.

Are you going to tell me that Keller played well against USC, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State, because he sure as heck didn't.

• Fire 1

If he had 4 times as many interceptions as TD's, yes that would suck.

I don't need stats to tell me if Keller was a good QB for Nebraska. I watched the games. He didn't pass my eye test. Yeah, he put up some good numbers against bad teams and in garbage times of blowout losses. If you want to go by fantasy football numbers, then yeah, Keller put up some good stats. But, there is more to good QB play than putting up "good" stats.

Are you going to tell me that Keller played well against USC, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State, because he sure as heck didn't.

Don't you know that you can glean everything you want about football from a piece of paper? Doesn't matter if you watched the games, the stats say different!

If Lee is like Keller (he isn't), Ozigbo/Bryant/Wilbon/possible incoming freshman should try to get a stranglehold on that starting job. Marlon Lucky's record could get obliterated, if Lee plays the whole season.

Don't have a walkon QB to replace Fyfe? And what about Darlington? He's been around awhile and knows the offense and was the third best this year so with the two ahead graduating, he is next in line presumably.

"Knowing the offense" probably doesn't translate as much next year as it would have this year, because there will probably be a different mindset and game plan all around.

I'd be pretty shocked if Lee hasn't been getting groomed to be the starter this entire season. If that's not what Riley has been doing, that would be a huge bummer.

Don't have a walkon QB to replace Fyfe? And what about Darlington? He's been around awhile and knows the offense and was the third best this year so with the two ahead graduating, he is next in line presumably.

"Knowing the offense" probably doesn't translate as much next year as it would have this year, because there will probably be a different mindset and game plan all around.

I'd be pretty shocked if Lee hasn't been getting groomed to be the starter this entire season. If that's not what Riley has been doing, that would be a huge bummer.

I would argue there probably isn't going to be a significant difference going from the 2015-2016 offenses to 2017. The language will be the same and so will the concepts. They're just likely going to remove the mobile QB aspects of it all and tweak some things.

As far as Lee and his grooming, the season is all about each game, each week and winning. I personally doubt there was a collective mindset to "groom" POB or anyone to be the starter for next year unless it directly correlated to preparing for that week's game.

I would argue there probably isn't going to be a significant difference going from the 2015-2016 offenses to 2017. The language will be the same and so will the concepts. They're just likely going to remove the mobile QB aspects of it all and tweak some things.

As far as Lee and his grooming, the season is all about each game, each week and winning. I personally doubt there was a collective mindset to "groom" POB or anyone to be the starter for next year unless it directly correlated to preparing for that week's game.

When you have a player running the scout team due to transfer eligibility rules, there are some things you can do to prepare them to take over the next year