The Trump presser fiasco

All I want to know is if Trump gets impeached, what's a scenario where we don't have to have Mike Pence either?

Thinking the same thing.

I'm curious if he knew this would all implode at one point and Frank Underwooded his way to the Presidency.

I'm hoping he knew something and did nothing ... we get him out too and deal with Ryan. He's not my perfect dream of a pres, but he's not crazy, and I do think he wants to do good things.

Pence not crazy?

In comparison to Der Orangenführer, yes.

In comparison to, say, the majority of America, hell no. Conversion therapy and creationism are still bats*** crazy--it just happens that Pence's brand of Bible-thumping hypocricitial crazy is outpaced by a urine-loving, Cheeto-colored bully that will get the codes to our nukes and may or may not be under Russia's thumb.

• Fire 1

All I want to know is if Trump gets impeached, what's a scenario where we don't have to have Mike Pence either?

Thinking the same thing.

I'm curious if he knew this would all implode at one point and Frank Underwooded his way to the Presidency.

I'm hoping he knew something and did nothing ... we get him out too and deal with Ryan. He's not my perfect dream of a pres, but he's not crazy, and I do think he wants to do good things.

Pence not crazy?

In comparison to, say, the majority of America, hell no. Conversion therapy and creationism are still bats*** crazy--it just happens that Pence's brand of Bible-thumping hypocricitial crazy is outpaced by a urine-loving, Cheeto-colored bully that will get the codes to our nukes and may or may not be under Russia's thumb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "He's not crazy" was referring to Paul Ryan.

Thinking the same thing.

Pence not crazy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "He's not crazy" was referring to Paul Ryan.

Indeed - Paul Ryan isn't crazy. I too have issues with Pence.

The man has no idea what he's saying when he's up there winging it. This is the man you gave the nuclear codes to. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loose lips sinks ships. I know I was hoping against hope that Trump would try to contain, control himself after being elected (or someone else would) but when the guy takes on Streep in response to her Globe statements, that just burned me - regardless of who is right or wrong in their argument. The guy is soooooo unpresidential it just amazes me. While I had differences in opinion wt Obama on policy, I feel he respected the position, lived up to its 'standards' and represented the position well personally. Trump is just unbelievable. A president doesn't need to get down there wt his critics in a Tweet war and narcistically defend himself. That isn't leadership. As I mentioned before prior to the election, he has the capability to be a real thug in office and I think he will be a real bad thug in office - targeting his 'enemies' (perceived or real) while at the same time flapping his lips when he shouldn't be.

• Fire 4

I didn't vote for Trump. I can't stand Trump. I STILL can't believe that doofus was elected President.... BUT, if the next 4-8 years are anything like that press conference today, I refuse not to be entertained by it.

I think this is key. Americans are best entertained and least informed.

This is not a reality show. This is not normal. This is downright scary.

• Fire 3

So how long before he gets impeached?

I think you should make that a topic of its own with a poll for us to vote.

2nd question: how long before cabinet secretaries and even VP Pence realize what they signed up for and start leaving. (Pence may rough it through to pick up the pieces after an impeachment - I think he just about quit after that Trump foul language video was released just before the 2nd debate.)

I didn't vote for Trump. I can't stand Trump. I STILL can't believe that doofus was elected President.... BUT, if the next 4-8 years are anything like that press conference today, I refuse not to be entertained by it.

The first bolded statement is a broad brush to paint over 300 million people, and frankly, it's just bullsh#t. The second bolded statement is far-left hyperbole. I dislike Trump as much as anybody, and the latest news is alarming, but it's far from scary. What do you think is going to happen? The other two branches of government are only going to let Trump go so far. I'm of the mind that one man can't destroy our country. Trump is the perfect example of why we have three branches of government.

• Fire 1

The first bolded statement is a broad brush to paint over 300 million people, and frankly, it's just bullsh#t. The second bolded statement is far-left hyperbole. I dislike Trump as much as anybody, and the latest news is alarming, but it's far from scary. What do you think is going to happen? The other two branches of government are only going to let Trump go so far. I'm of the mind that one man can't destroy our country. Trump is the perfect example of why we have three branches of government.

Yes, one good think is that were plenty of anti-trumpers in the Rep ranks. They may for the sake of the party display more 'balls' than what they have shown previously. If Trump goes bad, I think they won't protect him at all costs as the Dems did wt Clinton in 1998.

To many of the repubs in Congress have greater political aspirations and they won't attach their rope to Trump. They will work with Trump to pass what they mutually want, but I think they will oppose him on several issues.

• Fire 1