What's Behind the Staff Changes

Mavric

Hughes, Read, and Banker never should have been in Lincoln to begin with. Frankly, I wish Cavanaugh and Langsdorf were out too.

Langs still has a job because he was held back by a mental midget at QB. If the guys that they bring in don't cut it, he will be gone too.

Sweet, so Langs will only be a good coach if he has an already made QB.

• Fire 1

Hughes, Read, and Banker never should have been in Lincoln to begin with. Frankly, I wish Cavanaugh and Langsdorf were out too.

Langs still has a job because he was held back by a mental midget at QB. If the guys that they bring in don't cut it, he will be gone too.

Thats quite the leap you took. Congrats

• Fire 1

It means that we'll finally have a legit D1 QB and not a athlete playing QB. Makes an OC's job easier.
  • Fire 4

It means that we'll finally have a legit D1 QB and not a athlete playing QB. Makes an OC's job easier.

Next year, right?

First, I am fairly excited to see a new DC. I have never been on board with Banker and Read needed to go, based on results or lack of.

To answer question: Shawn Eichorst is directly behind the staff changes. Eichorst future with Nebraska is based solely on the success of the football team. Whether for /against the coaching change, it was a hotly debated issue. When he brought in MR, many Nebraska fans and national media, were less than impressed.

If MR doesn't pan out, it will be completely on Eichorst and he is well aware that his job and legacy depends on this. He flat out said in interviews that our talent level needs to increase. Ironically, 3 of our least productive recruiters are gone. Eichorst is on the sideline and inside the player's box every game, more than any other A.D. I have ever seen (Maybe Pat Hayden). He acts like Jerry Jones used to with Dallas. I can't believe how much freedom he uses and abuses. He does it because he understands this is his legacy.

Now, MR is willing to listen and try, regardless of "Friendships". This is were the previous staff didn't respond. MR isn't too proud or egotistical to cut bait, admit a bad hire and try to rectify the situation. MR understands he has to win.

** All in all, I think the change is good, and regardless of who is behind those decisions, it is being done to win games and to save jobs. If this happens, we will all be happy !

• Fire 4

Does anyone at the local papers think about the impact these bs articles have on recruiting? I think they're trying to make exciting headlines and thought provoking articles but they're misdirected and can not be a positive thing for recruits, out of state coaches and parents to read when they're evaluating a program.

Next year, right?
Still butthurt about Bo getting fired?
  • Fire 3

Does anyone at the local papers think about the impact these bs articles have on recruiting? I think they're trying to make exciting headlines and thought provoking articles but they're misdirected and can not be a positive thing for recruits, out of state coaches and parents to read when they're evaluating a program.

Saved you some words there and got right to the crux of the matter......

• Fire 1

Next year, right?

No, not at all.

But is next year the year that Langs has his legit D1 QB?

Next year, right?

No, not at all.

But is next year the year that Langs has his legit D1 QB?

I mean Tanner Lee started games at a D1 level so I would say this upcoming season.
  • Fire 1

Maybe he is realizing that certain coaches around him are good people, but not good coaches and wants to shake things up? He would never say this, but hey, this is, according to him, his last stop. Maybe he wants to try everything he can to win big. I know I would. Let's just hope he follows it up with a great hire.