Day Light Savings Time

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I honestly don’t care that much which version we get stuck on. Just not changing clocks is the most important piece.

That said I like the current one as of today where it’s lighter at night. I don’t like it when it’s dark when I’m getting off of work. 

I used to be this way, but now I'm kind of the opposite. I want light I'm the morning to get a workout in or do some s#!t that needs to be done before work. Dark at night is fine because I want to come home from work, make dinner, and chill.

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I honestly don’t care that much which version we get stuck on. Just not changing clocks is the most important piece.

That said I like the current one as of today where it’s lighter at night. I don’t like it when it’s dark when I’m getting off of work. 

Yes….I don’t care if it’s dark an hour after I get to work.  I want more light in the evening. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I used to be this way, but now I'm kind of the opposite. I want light I'm the morning to get a workout in or do some s#!t that needs to be done before work. Dark at night is fine because I want to come home from work, make dinner, and chill.

Right now, in the darkest time of winter, it’s dark here by 5:30. So, if it would stay as it is right now, it would be dark by 6:30.  So, you would still be chilling after supper if you want. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Right now, in the darkest time of winter, it’s dark here by 5:30. So, if it would stay as it is right now, it would be dark by 6:30.  So, you would still be chilling after supper if you want. 

Here's it's basically dark shortly after 5pm in the dead of winter. It sucks.

11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I thought this was a done deal but apparently the bill never actually got all the way through Congress.

38 minutes ago, GSG said:

I just thought this was the last year for it...? 

This should be so damn simple that, the fact congress is struggling with it makes me lose any shred of confidence I did have that they can actually tackle important complicated issues.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This should be so damn simple that, the fact congress is struggling with it makes me lose any shred of confidence I did have that they can actually tackle important complicated issues.

:lol: You had confidence they could tackle important issues? I don’t think they could agree on how to pour piss out of a boot or that it even needed to be poured out.

8 hours ago, GSG said:

I just thought this was the last year for it...? 

Apparently it passed through the Senate but stalled in the House. Rubio re-introduced the bill recently.

https://time.com/6261629/daylight-savings-time-2023/

The future of Daylight Saving Time remains in limbo. Sen. Rubio introduced the Sunshine Protection Act in the Senate (while Rep. Buchanan did so in the House), but there is no certainty whether it will pass or once again be hindered in Congress.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

:lol: You had confidence they could tackle important issues? I don’t think they could agree on how to pour piss out of a boot or that it even needed to be poured out.

The GOP has some pretty crazy kinks...

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Apparently it passed through the Senate but stalled in the House. Rubio re-introduced the bill recently.

https://time.com/6261629/daylight-savings-time-2023/

This is just another reason why Nancy sucks and needed to go.

• TBH 2
On 3/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, GSG said:

Well f#&%. I've been telling people to cheer up cuz this is the last year of it. Oops lol

Same. Now not only will I possibly be unnecessarily depressed come next November but I'll also be embarrassed and have to tell everyone how dumb I am.