Day Light Savings Time

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I've never met a single person in my entire life who likes daylight savings time.

In all my experience, people prefer to be ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, which results having a later sunset in the day. 

Do you prefer more daylight in the evening or the morning?  Turning back the clocks to get more daylight in the morning is going BACK to Standard time.  We are now on Standard time. 

EDIT:  BTW, my all caps isn't meant as "yelling" I was trying to emphasize my point while I was making a post on my phone.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In all my experience, people prefer to be ON DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, which results having a later sunset in the day. 

Do you prefer more daylight in the evening or the morning?  Turning back the clocks to get more daylight in the morning is going BACK to Standard time.  We are now on Standard time. 

Exactly. We need to make daylight savings time permanent year round. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

EDIT:  BTW, my all caps isn't meant as "yelling" I was trying to emphasize my point while I was making a post on my phone.

No worries, it's just a personal choice.  I prefer more mornings.  When the sun goes down, it relieves some of the heat.  To be honest, I wouldn't care either way.  Just a selfish opinion.

8 minutes ago, admo said:

No worries, it's just a personal choice.  I prefer more mornings.  When the sun goes down, it relieves some of the heat.  To be honest, I wouldn't care either way.  Just a selfish opinion.

I'm a morning person, but the daylight hours in the evening are way better in my opinion.  I do understand why Arizona is on standard time all year, as they would want to have lower temps throughout the day and use less energy cooling homes and buildings.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm a morning person, but the daylight hours in the evening are way better in my opinion.  I do understand why Arizona is on standard time all year, as they would want to have lower temps throughout the day and use less energy cooling homes and buildings.

Agree. I would much rather have some light when I leave work rather than on my way into work. 

• Plus1 3
On 3/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, knapplc said:

I don't know why the switch has to be an hour either way. 

During Standard Time, from November to March, the sun rises at about 7:45am & sets at 5pm (in Lincoln).

During Daylight Savings time, it rises just before 6am & sets at 9pm. 

People are upset that if we go with DST forever, the sun won't rise until 8:45am in the winter, and they're upset that if we eliminate DST, it'll rise at 5am in the summer and set at 8pm.

So don't make it an hour swing either way. Make Forever Time right in the middle of those two. That way the sun:

Rises at 8:15am and sets at 5:30pm during the shortest winter days, and...

Rises at 5:30am and sets at 8:30pm in the summer.'

You still have plenty of sunlight after work in the summer, your drive to work in the winter will be in the dark (like it is for most people, but you'll have plenty of light on your drive home. 

This post is genius.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I do understand why Arizona is on standard time all year, as they would want to have lower temps throughout the day and use less energy cooling homes and buildings.

OK....this reasoning puzzles me.

The hours of day light actually in the day don't change.  My home is still going to need to be cooled during the same number of hours.

And....when I ran a construction crew, in the middle of the summer when the heat index reached a level that was dangerous, we would start earlier in the morning and quit early afternoon.  It's perfectly fine if certain businesses do this.  If you need more light when you start your job in the morning......start your job an hour later and work an hour later.

These things are pretty easy to adjust.  It doesn't take the entire country to change their clocks.

• Plus1 2
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, GSG said:

***BUMP***

Don't forget to spring forward on Sunday! :lol:

You sonofa….this is all your fault. :D

I actually prefer DST (once I catch up on the lost sleep). I don’t need or even want sun in the early morning. I’m half asleep until after I’ve had 18oz of coffee at work anyway. No sense having that damn sun annoying me.