Women's Marches

All of you know about my huge opposition to protesting, and I disagree with everything they are protesting about.

I understand and respect not agreeing with some of the things being supported or protested but I want to focus on that very first statement- a huge opposition to protesting.

Do you acknowledge the difference between a peaceful protest and a violent destructive one? I'm just curious if you are opposed to all protests, of any nature, or if it's just the ones that tend towards property destruction and violence.

The right to peaceful assembly is one of the pillars of our democracy IMO. That is why I typically take a hard line against groups and people that turn them into non peaceful events.

While I disagree with protests of all forms,

Martin Luther King Jr. Day was Monday...

• Fire 1

Words matter.

"Peaceful" is a key descriptor.

"Bat sh#t crazy" is another one.

Just like "illegal" is an important word in the immigration discussion.

I said a couple of them were bat sh#t crazy, because they truly were. I didn't say everyone.

You said some men drove by and flipped them off. The way you phrased it, it sounded like they were "batsh#t crazy" after this occured. I don't know how they reacted but in that scenario getting flipped off woulf piss me the hell off. I guess if they were holding offensive signs that might change things though.

Words matter.

I said a couple of them were bat sh#t crazy, because they truly were. I didn't say everyone.

You said some men drove by and flipped them off. The way you phrased it, it sounded like they were "batsh#t crazy" after this occured. I don't know how they reacted but in that scenario getting flipped off woulf piss me the hell off. I guess if they were holding offensive signs that might change things though.

If someone flips you off for stating your opinion, you just laugh it off. Not go crazy on them. Why do you think this country is so divided in the first place? Certainly it's not because people go ape sh#t over differing views. Wait, is it?

There was a black man there who held up his fist and kept saying "BLACK POWER." I didn't go crazy on him. Sure, if I did I would have probably been mobbed because I was outnumbered 100:1. But I hope you get my point.

Just flipped on CNN to see what these looked like... Pretty cool to see this many people getting active for what they believe in.

Which is?

Their candidate lost, get over it.

It's not about a lost election. Get a clue.

So clue me in please.

Nah. You can easily do that yourself if you make any attempt at it.

I'd like to hear it too. Seriously, what are they wanting to accomplish by walking down a street?

Words matter.

My post was not necessarily aimed at you. It's just that some people will take a phrase like "illegal immigrant" and then respond as if you had only said "immigrant". I thought somebody might've read bat sh#t crazy feminist without applying the adjectives. I also thought that you had possibly ignored the peaceful part of protest when you said you were against all protests. But you have already explained why you were against these particular protests.

Personally I'm on the fence a bit about some of these recent events. I too think there may be a lot of hysterics for little reason but I also recognize that many of the concerns come from a good place and may be well founded. I'm of the position that time will tell but I'm not going to deny people the opportunity to express their fears and feelings. If I've learned anything in the past 8 years, and especially this last year, it's that it does no good to ignore or marginalize the serious concerns or feelings of those you may not agree with.

• Fire 2