Women's Marches

All of you know about my huge opposition to protesting, and I disagree with everything they are protesting about. However, aside from breaking traffic laws and a couple of bat sh#t crazy feminists who chose to react to the dudes who flipped them the bird, I must admit the Lincoln one was fairly mild mannered. A couple of women even asked to take pictures with men wearing Trump hats and shook their hand, saying "I feel that we should love you too." If every liberal would be like that instead of lashing out at everyone who disagreed with them, maybe their message would go across better.

The thing is most liberals are like that, but it's the vocal minority that you hear and it paints a bad picture for everyone. It goes the same way with the conservatives, too.
  • Fire 3

Protests, peaceful or violent, only make the racist more racist, and the sexist more sexist, leading to an even greater divide.

I don't believe this at all. A lack of objection to racism and sexism will allow those things to dominate. To oppose those things, we must be loud and firm. The existence of reactionaries, and there will always be such people, should never even begin to discourage standing up for what is right.

• Fire 2

Protests, peaceful or violent, only make the racist more racist, and the sexist more sexist, leading to an even greater divide.

You must be very young; the '60s alone proved that the very opposite is correct. Peaceful protest gained greater rights for blacks and women; it has, most recently, gained additional rights for the LGBT community.

• Fire 5

Just flipped on CNN to see what these looked like... Pretty cool to see this many people getting active for what they believe in.

Which is?

Their candidate lost, get over it.

It's not about a lost election. Get a clue.

So clue me in please.

Nah. You can easily do that yourself if you make any attempt at it.

I'd like to hear it too. Seriously, what are they wanting to accomplish by walking down a street?

O.o

• Fire 1

Just flipped on CNN to see what these looked like... Pretty cool to see this many people getting active for what they believe in.

Which is?

Their candidate lost, get over it.

It's not about a lost election. Get a clue.

So clue me in please.

Nah. You can easily do that yourself if you make any attempt at it.

I'd like to hear it too. Seriously, what are they wanting to accomplish by walking down a street?

O.o

Well, Hillary lost so they are throwing a temper tantrum.

They hate the President.

The end.

• Fire 1

I don't believe this at all. A lack of objection to racism and sexism will allow those things to dominate. To oppose those things, we must be loud and firm. The existence of reactionaries, and there will always be such people, should never even begin to discourage standing up for what is right.

Well I certainly haven't been swayed by these protests. No conservative has. All they are doing is further dividing us.

You must be very young; the '60s alone proved that the very opposite is correct. Peaceful protest gained greater rights for blacks and women; it has, most recently, gained additional rights for the LGBT community.

Yup I am young.

Here's why I accept the 60s protests more: They actually had zero rights legally. They got the civil rights. Bingo.

Now, all protests can do is change society. Society is a completely different animal. That is all I have to say. I am tired, sorry.