Women's Marches

It's not..it's a phrase that is used a lot now.

It has nothing to do with Parks...which is why I said he should look up the lyrics and then delete it...

It would be like saying "gangum style". It doesn't actually apply...it is just a "thing"

So to your request, I will say...or nah

The sign doesn't say 'Or Nah', the sign says, 'Nah. - Rosa Parks'

You're telling me a single word quote attributed to Rosa Parks on a sign doesn't actually have anything to do with Rosa Parks but instead has to do with some song that has that word in the title?

I guess that makes sense. I always knew that, "I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix", said by Dan Quayle, the 44th Vice President of America, was actually a reference to Californiacation by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Thank you for admitting that it makes sense! I appreciate that

teach, you are wrong, but that is okay. When we learn something new, it is a good thing. NM and LLOMS are obviously showing you something about history you where not aware of until this moment, certainty not before you made your original comment.

You know how the sign clearly does not refer to a song because it is quoting Rosa Parks (hence the -Rosa Parks). In fact, if you wanted to continue to pretend that the sign was referring to the song, you would have to explain why it has "-Rosa Parks".

You are either being stubborn because you didn't know you were wrong or were embarrassed to be wrong or you are just trolling (which violates boards rules...and I know you would not do that).

Thanks!

And correct.

teach has been the master troll of huskerboard for years. that's no new development.

Hopefully this post is okay.

See right there. Right now, teachercd, is very offended by the amount of criticism Trump is getting and, potentially, the march (as I think he is uncomfortable about the intent and impact of the modern women's rights movement). Thus, he has been dipping in and out of threads saying that he hopes his comments are "okay" and that he does not want to "derail a thread".

Teachercd, it is okay to start a thread to speak your mind. Some will support you, others will provide rebuttal, but dialogue is good. In fact, you may provide some interesting perspective, as a Trump supporter, to what many saw in his candidacy and expect in his presidency.

• Fire 1

teach has been the master troll of huskerboard for years. that's no new development.

See right there. Right now, teachercd, is very offended by the amount of criticism Trump is getting and, potentially, the march (as I think he is uncomfortable about the intent and impact of the modern women's rights movement). Thus, he has been dipping in and out of threads saying that he hopes his comments are "okay" and that he does not want to "derail a thread".

Teachercd, it is okay to start a thread to speak your mind. Some will support you, others will provide rebuttal, but dialogue is good. In fact, you may provide some interesting perspective, as a Trump supporter, to what many saw in his candidacy and expect in his presidency.

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

You are welcome!!!

GBR Houston, you just fail to make any actual defense of your beliefs. Nobody here thinks you're stupid or dumb, we're just hoping you'll engage in dialogue other than, "I disagree." For instance, you think protests don't work, at all, period. So, if protests don't work, can you answer these questions?

1. How would America have rebelled against Great Britain and started a new country if they didn't protest?

2. How would blacks have been given equal rights and had a legal end to segregation if they didn't protest?

3. How would women have been given the right to vote if they didn't protest?

4. How would the corruption of the Catholic church ever been combatted if Martin Luther hadn't started the Protestant Reformation in protest?

5. How would the Berlin Wall have come down without the protests?

6. How would the corruption and fraud of the 2004 Ukranian presidential election been overturned without the 12 days of protests?

You keep saying very clearly that you don't think protests work. It's fine for you to think that. But people are offering you plenty of examples of successful protests that have brought about change in our country and in the world, and you aren't giving any kind of rebuttals.

It's the fact that I suck at arguing with people. Plain and simple. But here are my views, and this goes to everyone:

Trump won the election. Yes he did. He is your president now like it or not. Don't like it? Very well. Make your voice heard and vote in 4 years. The electoral college works well in not allowing NYC and LA to control the entire election. Trump won against a horrible Democratic opponent (way for both parties to put up their worst candidates, huh?) It is not worth throwing a fit about. Yes it is a fit, there is no sugar coating. It's honestly time for everyone who hates him to suck it up and see what happens. Keep in mind that not everybody thinks the same way the protesters do. The protesters are just the loudest. The other half of the country have a completely different idea of "change." When laws are being made, ALL heads have to be considered.

If you must be loud, then go in front of Congress and talk to them. There's not much they can do.

Ironic that you say people should make their voice heard after saying you are against all forms of protest.

• Fire 1

Women are not treated equally and the people who think they are are usually men. It's not just compensation. Assertive women or women who voice their opinions are more likely to be called names or called crazy. When people talk about feminism it's often with derision. Women are more likely to say sorry in casual conversation. Men are more likely to interrupt people in conversations than women.

Men hold a huge majority of political positions at every level where I've looked it up (city councils and congress). Haven't looked up state government but I'm sure it'll be the same. This isn't because of some biological difference between men and women. It's due to how women are treated when they speak their minds. There's a reason more women don't run. If they're too feminine they're not considered serious candidates. If they're not feminine enough they're called cold or bitch or even dyke. Just look at the sh#t written about Hillary and her pantsuits.

Speaking of the work place; I like my job and the environment is comfortable. I don't know about the compensation comparison. But whenever people have a loud conversation that everyone can hear, it's always guy talk. Even though about 40% of us are female. Another funny thing about it is most of that "guy talk" is about Husker football, and not for lack of trying, they don't know that I like football.

There are many little things like that which permeate society. On their own they're not a big deal. I hardly give 1/10 a sh#t about the above paragraph. But it is a man's world by default.

• Fire 1

I have two daughters. I love them both with all of my heart and I absolutely want things to be fair and equal for them throughout their lifetimes. I am a big believer in the right to peacefully assemble and protest, we wouldn't have a nation to argue over if that wasn't part of our American History. I also fully believe that the vast majority of those who participated in these marches did it to raise awareness of the struggles women face in their daily lives. Struggles that are very real, even if they are impossible to prove or disprove. That is what the marches were sold as.

I do feel, however, that the organizers of this movement have questionable motives and that they have misled the good people who marched. It was billed as the "women's march", but they closed the door to women who didn't agree with their incredibly progressive views. That is disappointing. It would have been much more powerful if ALL women would have been allowed to join together to let people know their power and strength. Instead, it came across as a "tantrum" by many conservatives. It allowed the media to push their "everything Trump" agenda that they have been screaming for nearly 2 years now by making it anti-Trump. Sadly, this time they may be right. This was anti-Trump at its initial core, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't be shady about your intentions.

• Fire 3

I googled it I just don't support it. I'm educated, successful, and happily married. I have no grievances towards any political figure or political culture. Im sick of white/black/men/women. What I would support is a pro family rally with intact families marching.

I googled it I just don't support it. I'm educated, successful, and happily married. I have no grievances towards any political figure or political culture. Im sick of white/black/men/women. What I would support is a pro family rally with intact families marching.

Well the very minute that having a family is threatened we can take to the streets.

• Fire 4