Women's Marches

Hahaha

kaff5g.jpg

Insulting the figures of the women who marched. How fitting of someone who supports Trump, a man who described Ms. Universe Alicia Machado as "Miss Piggy" and an "eating machine," and lambasted both Carly Fiorina and Hillary Clinton on their looks.

And let's not forget these gems he tweeted:

iz1GeK6.png

Z2UBg5z.png

Oh stop taking things so seriously
  • Fire 1

Found this interesting. Someone compiled the number of protestors in each state and shaded this map by percentage of population.

I was looking at that on Reddit earlier. Found it interesting. In Denver, expected turnout was ~40k, actual was 108k+ and counting... Amazing turnout in Denver and extremely low arrests. Denver Post reported something like 3 or so...

Here's the Reddit thread with discussion which is cool as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/5pg8oy/percentage_of_each_states_population_that/

Found this interesting. Someone compiled the number of protestors in each state and shaded this map by percentage of population.

I was looking at that on Reddit earlier. Found it interesting. In Denver, expected turnout was ~40k, actual was 108k+ and counting... Amazing turnout in Denver and extremely low arrests. Denver Post reported something like 3 or so...

Here's the Reddit thread with discussion which is cool as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/5pg8oy/percentage_of_each_states_population_that/

That map is really interesting if you combine it with what we know about revolutions - and how little of the population actually has to participate to affect change.

Try and picture a successful revolution. What do you see? Most likely it is huge mobs of the population taking to the streets, AK-47s in hand, to deliver some rough, vigilante justice. But the reality is very different. According to recent research, peaceful protest by a mere 3.5 percent of the population is enough to topple any government.

LINK

If that guys' research is right, ten states had negligible participation, while 12 states had at or above the 3% change threshold. Nationwide that's maybe what? 1%? But it's definitely worth noticing, especially since it wasn't well-advertised amongst men, or even targeted toward men.

Hahahakaff5g.jpg

Jesus Christ. If you're just gonna troll then leave.
How am I trolling honest question?
In what way does your post about fat women add to the overall quality of conversation in this thread? You posted a picture calling a bunch of women fat in a thread about marches for awarness of women's rights and you really don't think that's trolling?
  • Fire 6

Hahahakaff5g.jpg

In what way does your post about fat women add to the overall quality of conversation in this thread? You posted a picture calling a bunch of women fat in a thread about marches for awarness of women's rights and you really don't think that's trolling?
Calm down it was just a funny meme pointing out Michelle Obama child obesity program.

Funny how ironic that this march was for women's rights....well except for those women who showed up to march for pro-life but were banned, mocked at, spit at, that they were betraying other women, etc but it was a march for equality for women. Funny how that works....maybe it's Trumps fault?

Where were all these marches the last 8 years? Not all of this was started by Trump. Am I still trolling now?

• Fire 4

I fully agree that it was unfortunate that the pro-life portion was turned away. I was unaware of anyone being spit on or harassed, but that is even worse. This movement has been there the whole time, rallies have been held before. Their voices are louder now because of the character and history of the man now in office.

I fully agree that it was unfortunate that the pro-life portion was turned away. I was unaware of anyone being spit on or harassed, but that is even worse. This movement has been there the whole time, rallies have been held before. Their voices are louder now because of the character and history of the man now in office.

By doing that...it ruined much of thier cause.

• Fire 2

I have two young daughters of my own, and being on the right side of history, is something that weighs heavy on my mind. More so, when important societal differences come to national attention. Generally, I'm of the mind that any kind of feminist claims of (modern) oppression, are fabricated, or exaggerated. From the research I've done, I find the wage gap to be a myth. The thought of an abortion, for any other reason outside of saving the mother's life, disgusts me.But, I take pride in really, truly trying to understand opposing viewpoints.

Even though I staunchly disagree with some of the reasoning behind these marches, being open-minded is something I find necessary for a man with the responsibility of raising two daughters who will have to someday live in this world without me.

BB you are a good dad. I really appreciate the fact that you have kept an open mind, and are thinking ahead as to how the world can and will impact your girls in the future.

They will certainly experience oppression as a woman - whether that's the subliminal "girls are no good at math and science" during their high school years or some of the indirect (and direct) offenses that we experience in the work place, sadly they'll face it. Hopefully it will continue to decrease in frequency, it certainly has during my lifetime, but having the confidence to speak up, and to know that they're loved and valued by you, and that they are deserving - they'll be ready to face adversity and not let it slow them down.

• They'll benefit I'm sure from an education with the best of instructors, curriculum with focus on all topics including the arts with funding from the public.
  • They'll benefit from the knowledge that their friends, whether they be black, asian, native american or muslim are treated with respect, and are raised just like them - to think that there is no difference in their abilities and how they are looked at.
  • They'll benefit from having access to healthcare that doesn't cost more than it does their male friends and family.
  • They'll benefit from knowing that it doesn't matter who you love - you will be respected and have the same rights as everyone else.
  • They'll benefit from knowing that if they work hard, save and have goals to do so that they can own a home, on their own without a male's paycheck to support the mortgage.
  • They'll be comforted by the fact that as you and your wife grow older and incur more medical expenses that there is a limit to how much you will have to pay (and acquire in the way of debt) but you will still get the very best of care.
  • They'll appreciate the efforts to lessen the number of gun related deaths and crimes - that they won't have to be scared to be in a public place.
  • They'll welcome the chance to be able to have or adopt a baby and spend time at home with the child without putting their job at risk, and that they can come back to earn the same salary and have the same opportunities to move ahead professionally as their male colleagues.
  • They'll have reinforced that handicapped people deserve respect and are valuable members of society.
  • God forbid they need it, but they'll have access to support for getting out of abusive relationships. And they'll have confidence in the fact that no means no.
  • I'm sure you exhibit this at home based on your comments - which is that everyone's opinion is important and means something, and that listening is a trait that is necessary.
  • They will be able to get healthcare no matter what.
  • And, yes, they'll have the opportunity to have easy access to birth control and sex education - and if for whatever reason they have the need the right to consider terminating a pregnancy.

The events yesterday were much bigger than abortion rights and equal pay. It was about acceptance, respect and rights. It was about supporting things that we may take for granted today, but have been fought for and earned through the years.

They're lucky girls. I know my dad loves me, but he isn't interested in trying to understand why the things above are important to me. He does not have an open mind about how my daily life is or will be impacted with some of the things this administration is suggesting or has already set in motion.

• Fire 2

By doing that...it ruined much of thier cause.

I don't know about ruined, but it certainly put a black eye on it. It would have been nice for the two sides to put one issue aside and show a united front on other issues important to both.

I'm all for equality and these marches but I think a lot of these women are brainwashed or maybe I'm just being naive but where I'm from and the jobs I've worked at, men and women were both paid the same and treated equally.

My two bosses right now are women who make more than me working in an air conditioned environment where I have to work outside doing the work. I'm ok with that cause they've earned there position and they have to deal with the company more on a daily basis where I don't have too.

Again I think all the misguided comes from the media blowing crap up that technically isn't there. That's my opinion and I know several others think the same way where others don't.

Hahahakaff5g.jpg

Calm down it was just a funny meme pointing out Michelle Obama child obesity program.

Funny how ironic that this march was for women's rights....well except for those women who showed up to march for pro-life but were banned, mocked at, spit at, that they were betraying other women, etc but it was a march for equality for women. Funny how that works....maybe it's Trumps fault?

Where were all these marches the last 8 years? Not all of this was started by Trump. Am I still trolling now?

Citation needed.

Some people wouldn't find it funny. I'm one of them.

• Fire 1

I'm all for equality and these marches but I think a lot of these women are brainwashed or maybe I'm just being naive but where I'm from and the jobs I've worked at, men and women were both paid the same and treated equally.

My two bosses right now are women who make more than me working in an air conditioned environment where I have to work outside doing the work. I'm ok with that cause they've earned there position and they have to deal with the company more on a daily basis where I don't have too.

Again I think all the misguided comes from the media blowing crap up that technically isn't there. That's my opinion and I know several others think the same way where others don't.

My coworker actually found out that she was paid less than a male coworker with less experience in the same position. The only reason she figured it out was because he had left a pay stub in the copy machine. Wage inequality still happens, the statistics bare that out. Needless to say she quit that job.
  • Fire 3

One of my favorite signs from yesterday's march.

tAOYXn2.jpg

Just a thought...you might want to read the lyrics to the song this reference comes from. Then you might want to delete it.

I don't think it's tied to a song, but is a quote from her bus ride when she was asked to stand up/get off.

• Fire 1