The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

Just now, commando said:

that is what trump and the far right propaganda network is doing with his stop the steal BS.   and the republican party has done nothing to stop him and actually encourages him.    

Agree 100%.  

This is going to sound crazy, but using this line of thought, Trump has done more to damage American democracy than Bin Laden…

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is all true.  And it’s why I feel the 2nd amendment needs looked at.  We all know deep down that any armed insurrection will be swiftly stomped by the US military and isn’t a real threat.  Our govt won’t be brought down by force.

I think when it finally does end it’s because people have lost faith in it and no longer admire the democratic processes.  

I wonder if you will get the same scorn from @BigRedBuster for your thoughts as I got? 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Protesters were armed with some weapons (including pipe bombs) but not assault rifles AFAICT:

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/977879589/yes-capitol-rioters-were-armed-here-are-the-weapons-prosecutors-say-they-used

"But a review of the federal charges against the alleged rioters shows that they did come armed, and with a variety of weapons: stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs. An additional suspect also allegedly planted pipe bombs by the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties the night before the riot and remains at large."

Good link, thanks. 

54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not sure what mr. pundit is wanting but that didn’t seem like an awful clip of Hannity.   Telling people to consult your doctor and research the vaccines is something I would say and most rational people I think would say.  I wish he would have added that he was vaccinated, and he personally believes in the vaccines if he hasn’t already done so. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Darn it. I have to pay to read the article. I was curious what the info was they got suspended for posting. I don’t trust the tech companies decisions regarding suspensions. They seem one sided, inconsistent and politically motivated.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, nic said:
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Darn it. I have to pay to read the article. I was curious what the info was they got suspended for posting. I don’t trust the tech companies decisions regarding suspensions. They seem one sided, inconsistent and politically motivated.

One sided, inconsistent and politically motivated, unlike Fox News?

I mean I agree with the sentiment generally but how do you choose a side when both sides are so clearly biased? Personally I wish they would ban all social media. That whole platform is responsible for so much of what is wrong, not only politically but with sports and social justice issues and so much more. It’s a cancer.

• Plus1 2